BCG Treatment Journey

10 months 1 day ago #61874 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
You got it Edd! Thoughts and prayers for you and all going through this! Keep the faith!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 months 1 day ago #61873 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hey Hank,  Good to know what to look out for.  Hopefully the BCG will work for both of us but it's a little comforting to know that gem/dox is out there as a viable option just in case before we have to move to a radical surgery.  Stay Strong, keep a good attitude, and at least for me, PRAY.  Eddie

10 months 1 day ago #61872 by Alkamodaddy
Hey Eddie,  
The doc actually had never seen it before.  He acknowledged it happens, but it is rare. At this time, we are going to actively monitor it.  If no symptoms, we just wait and see.  If I get symptoms, then we may have to cut back on BCG dose, or I am thinking maybe we’ll have to switch to gem/dox at some point. My second round of BCG caused me a little more burning at first, but by next day all good.  Drink lotsa water after the two hours is up! I hope they go smoothly for you.  Hank 

10 months 1 day ago #61870 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Wow Hank, I didn't see something like that coming.  Are they going to do anything with the mass or do they think it will resolve by itself?  That would have freaked me out bigtime.  More information to put in our knowledge banks.  Your experience could save me from having a heart attack right there in the office if I got that kind of news.  Good luck on that cystoscopy.  I start my 2nd round of BCG (3ea) on Tuesday.  I will be interested to see how this round goes.  Will the side effects get worse or not, I guess I will see.  I'll keep you all posted.  Stay Strong Everyone.  Eddie

10 months 2 days ago #61868 by rheako
Replied by rheako on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Wow, what a scare! So glad it turned out to be benign. Hopefully you won't have any complications down the road from the prostatitis. Good luck at your next cystoscopy, let us know how it goes!
--Tacy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alkamodaddy

10 months 2 days ago #61867 by Alkamodaddy
So just before my last Cystoscopy, I had my PSA checked and it was 6.5.  Since then, I have had an MRI showing a large mass on my prostate. and the findings indicated a PIRADS 5 High risk for aggressive cancer.    I had a biopsy done on June 14 and just got the results on June 20.  The results showed all benign for cancer, so no cancer in my prostate!  Honestly, I thought I was a goner.  What they did find was "granulomatous prostatitis" on the right side of my prostate.  It made it look like a tumor.  My doc thinks it may be caused by the BCG treatments.  Somehow BCG got into my prostate and caused the inflammation or scarring.  It's not causing any adverse symptons right now, so basically I am going to continue with the Bladder Cancer treatment schedule.  I am scheduled for a cystoscopy on July 24.  Wish me luck!  Keep the faith! 
Hank

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne