BCG Treatment Journey

8 months 3 weeks ago #61918 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hey Bill, Glad things went a little better.  I was worried after hearing about your first of three.  Now at least you get a break.  I try to keep the perspective that if my body not liking it, it’s fighting the cancer, so it’s a good thing.  Any ways, I hope you’re able to take that trip!  Keep the faith!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 3 weeks ago #61917 by Alkamodaddy
Thanks!!

8 months 3 weeks ago #61916 by Pickle_Bill
Replied by Pickle_Bill on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Treatment 8 & 9 done. Things went much better with the catheter these last two times. I do notice that each treatment is a bit more difficult...more spasms, cramping, urgency, a bit more blood, but that could be due to the blood thinners. Regardless, it's nothing I can't handle and only last for a day or so. Cystoscopy on August 24th. Trying to plan a trip out to Moab to go Jeeping around the end of September. It's been on my bucket list, just gotta get up the nerve to actually do it. Long drive from New Hampshire to Utah, and leaving the comforts of home is a challenge for me.

8 months 3 weeks ago #61915 by rheako
Replied by rheako on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Great news, Hank! Congratulations!!

8 months 3 weeks ago #61914 by Alkamodaddy
Hi all,
I had my cystoscopy a couple of days ago. Doc said everything looks pretty good.  There were a couple of red spots, but he was not too concerned about it.  He did do a cytology though, and that came back negative for carcinoma.  So overall so far so good.  Now it's on to the next round of 3 BCG treatments and another scope in November.  Keep the faith!
Hank

9 months 1 week ago #61899 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hey Bill, boy things are bad enough without extra injury complicating the problem.  Glad you were able to get it to stop.  Well you got a week to heal before the next one.  It seems like during the treatment period we are just living week to week for 3 weeks looking forward to that 3 or 6 month break.  Hang in there.  Next Cystoscopy for me is Sept 20th and then another round of 3.  My Doc did tell me that their supply of BCG is running low and they have ordered more.  Hopefully it will come in before Oct 1st.  I wonder what they do if they don't have any.  I guess they send you home until more comes in.  I don't know what the shelf live is on BCG but5 from the sounds of things a 1/2 dose very close to a full dose.  Maybe they will have to start doing that so they can reach more patients, we'll see.  Hang in there, 2 more to go and then you get a break.  Eddie

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne