BCG Treatment Journey

8 months 4 weeks ago #61882 by Pickle_Bill
Replied by Pickle_Bill on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Thanks for the update Eddie. I have treatment #7 coming in about a week and a half. I had assumed just like you said, right back to it like you never had a break. Wheeeee!!!
Glad you doing well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 4 weeks ago #61881 by hannah
Replied by hannah on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Thank you for sharing your journey and I wish you the very best as you continue along this path.  I'm going to start my TX soon and I've chosen to go with the gem/doce so we'll see how that goes.

9 months 3 hours ago #61880 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hey Crew, Well I had #7 BCG treatment yesterday.  I was hoping, since it had been 3 months from my 6th treatment that things would kind of start over.  Well, for me that was not the case.  The burning, cramping, and urgency was as if I had never had a break.  The outcome was pretty much the same as before.  About 8 hours after making my first bathroom trip to expel the BCG the burning and cramping went away.  The urgency started to wane, but it took about another hour before that started to extend out to a noticeable difference.  I took in as much water as I could in the beginning trying to flush out my bladder as quickly as possible, but the time frame seemed like before.  I used AZO twice and maybe it helped but it was coming pretty hard and quickly for a while.  There were times that it was 5 to 10 minutes in between and that lasted for about 3 of the hours.  But in the end, it is all worth it.  A few uncomfortable hours is a small price to pay for a hopeful outcome.  2 more to go and then another 3 month break, PIECE OF CAKE!!!  Stay Strong, the possible outcome is worth the a little discomfort, and/or the alternative.  More to follow after treatment #8 next week.  Good Luck Everyone, Hang in there, my PRAYERS are with you all.  Eddie

9 months 3 days ago #61877 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hey Bill, WOW a Stent along with this cancer thing.  Life keeps throwing curve balls at us but we have to just keep on swinging.  I start my 2nd round of BCG on Tuesday so I am about 3 weeks ahead of you.  I'll keep you posted on how it is going.  Hopefully the Plavix doesn't impact your BCG treatments.  Stay Strong Bill, I'm praying for you.  Eddie

9 months 3 days ago #61876 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Thanks Bill. Hopefully the stent improves your quality of life and you don’t have issues with the blood thinner.  Having cancer is bad enough, it sucks to have to deal with other health issues as well.  Good luck with your upcoming treatments.  Keep the faith!  Hank 

9 months 3 days ago #61875 by Pickle_Bill
Replied by Pickle_Bill on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hey Hank, glad to hear it was not a serious as you thought it may have been. I hope it doesn't cause you any further problems. I just had to have a stent put in my heart a couple days ago, and recovering well. Now I am on the blood thinner Plavix for a year. I start round 2 of BCG July 10th. Just hoping the blood thinner doesn't cause any excessive bleeding after the BCG and interfere with future treatments. As always I wish everyone here well with positive cystoscopy results.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne