BCG Treatment Journey

10 months 2 weeks ago #61826 by hannah
Replied by hannah on topic BCG Treatment Journey
What was it that made the doctor say some spots needed to be watched and what is he going to do to watch them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 months 2 weeks ago #61825 by hannah
Replied by hannah on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Have a Plan B in place in case it doesn't work its magic which is in about 30 to 40 percent of cases from what I've read to date.

10 months 2 weeks ago #61824 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hey Bill, 
I get how you feel.  After my first cystoscopy after 6 BCG Treatments, the doc said things looked pretty good, but then said, "but its early yet".  That wasn't to reassuring. sheesh.   Hopefully the BCG works its magic.  
Hank

10 months 2 weeks ago #61823 by Pickle_Bill
Replied by Pickle_Bill on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Catching up here. Had my first cystoscopy after the 6 weeks of BCG. Things looked pretty good. The Dr commented that there were a couple spots at the original tumor site that needed to be watched, but looked like they were responding to the BCG. It was a bit disconcerting, I was hoping for "things look great".  But still good news overall I guess. I will be continuing on the treatments as planned. Round 7,8 and 9 in July, then cystoscopy in August. So glad to have you guys and gals here to share with. I wish you all the best. Nice weather is here, get out and enjoy it. My passion is out in my Jeep in the woods with my friends.

10 months 2 weeks ago #61821 by rheako
Replied by rheako on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Good luck on your next cystoscopy, Eddie! Hope it's clear and all you need is maintenance going forward.

10 months 2 weeks ago #61820 by rheako
Replied by rheako on topic BCG Treatment Journey
So glad to hear that you got a clear cystoscopy and the BCG is doing its job! I had some small clots too. I was told to report them when I go in next time, but dont worry as long as they are small. 

Your advice is spot on, my medical team is really keeping an eye on my other test results and labs. Seems once that cancer switch got flipped, everyone went into high alert, and I am very, very grateful for the care I have received. 

Best of luck with your biopsy, hoping for the best for you. Keep us posted if you can. Stay strong Hank!
--Tacy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alkamodaddy

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne