BCG Treatment Journey

9 months 1 week ago #61898 by Pickle_Bill
Replied by Pickle_Bill on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Had treatment #7 yesterday after the three month break. Things did not go smooth with the catheter. Never had a problem before, same nurse this time. As she was inserting the catheter, she must have scaped on my urethra somehow. I started bleeding a lot (I'm on Plavix blood thinner). She panicked a bit and went to get another nurse. The new nurse got a different type catheter and proceeded with the treatment. Clean up took a bit, and pressure on my penis eventually stopped the bleeding. I went home with my weiner wrapped in gauze and instructions to go to the ER if I kept bleeding. Things were OK on my first void, just a big blood clot at the beginning that was expected I guess. The next couple voids were normal mostly just some smaller blood clots. The next void produced another large clot and then the bleeding started again. Took about 10 minutes of pressure to get it to stop. Today I spent most of the day just taking it easy in bed, drank plenty of water and things seem OK. No more blood, but anxious that it could start again. I am also anxious about them still giving me my treatment considering I was bleeding. Granted, I was not bleeding from my bladder that I know of. I think the blood was from just a little way down inside my penis. But i'm still concerned, not only about BCG in my blood, but also about next Monday's treatment. The first 6 treatments went so well, and now i'm anxious and uncomfortable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 months 2 weeks ago #61896 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Yes I would be careful with that.  I get a little blood the day of, but nothing the day after and for sure not for 6 days.  Eddie

9 months 2 weeks ago #61895 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
I agree with Alan.  They always ask if I have been having any bleeding before each BCG instiillation.  If there is, then they won't do the treatment.  I am sure you are working with your Urologist, but you may need a cystoscopy sooner than later. 
Hank

9 months 2 weeks ago #61894 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic BCG Treatment Journey
No! If you are passing blood you do not apply BCG. I presume that is the question? BCG in the bloodstream can be very serious.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

9 months 2 weeks ago #61893 by Ritasu
Replied by Ritasu on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hello I have been having the temperaments 6 weeks then went back for maintenance and I have been bleeding for 6 days, never done that before so doctor wants to put catheter in tomorrow 

9 months 2 weeks ago #61892 by Ritasu
Replied by Ritasu on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Has anyone had bleeding for a week after treatment 

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne