BCG Treatment Journey

1 year 2 months ago #61582 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hey Mike, I seem to be just a little ahead of you so I will keep posting during my adventure.  From doing a lot of reading I have determined that everyones journey is a little different.  Focus on the end game.  Hopefully we will both be posting 15 years from now.  Stay strong and regardless the side effects hang in there and stay positive.  That's my plan.  Eddie 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #61581 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Wishing you the best possible outcome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bbowlja

1 year 2 months ago #61580 by bbowlja
Replied by bbowlja on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Just had my TURBT 1 week ago.  I have a phone appt w/my surgeon tomorrow to find out results.  He already told me he cut into second layer of bladder a bit to remove tumor so I’m thinking BCG is the next step.  Please keep posting.  Hope your experience is mild.  Mike

1 year 2 months ago #61578 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hi,  I have been recently diagnosed with NMIBC High Grade and CIS in my bladder.  i have had the TURBT procedure and am not looking at 6 weeks of BCG.  My first issue is that my doctors scheduler called and said she can't schedule me for treatments until they confirm they can get the BCG.  Apparently there is a major shortage.  
       Next, assuming I can get the BCG, is how to avoid putting all that bleach into my septic system.  I plan on renting a porta-potty unit and putting it in the garage.  Has anyone done this?
      Thanks in advance for any response!  
Alkamodaddy

1 year 3 months ago #61572 by Timmmer1
Replied by Timmmer1 on topic BCG Treatment Journey
I had 15  BCG treatments with no problems. Good luck.

TimG 
The following user(s) said Thank You: bbowlja

1 year 3 months ago #61570 by EddieS
BCG Treatment Journey was created by EddieS
Had my first BCG treatment today 1/24/2023.  Starting this new journey, we'll see how it goes.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne