BCG Treatment Journey

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #61626 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Ya'll, the good news is most of us beat this kind of cancer. I reminded myself when taking BCG, while it is no fun it is doable. Also, this is so much better than taking systemic chemo. Keep posting as "lurkers" as well as us old timers learn with each thread! Thanks.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alkamodaddy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #61625 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hey Hank,  Good Luck starting your BCG on Monday.  I look forward to hearing about your Journey as you progress along.  I will continue to post my journey and as you know, by doing research and reading posts, take it with a grain of salt.  Sometimes it's just easier to have someone to share your experience with.  I am here if you have questions.  Just remember, you are following Doctors Orders for a chance at the best outcome for you and your life moving forward.  Again, Good Luck, I'm Praying for you.  Eddie

1 year 2 months ago #61623 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Thanks for sharing your experience.  I have read in a couple of different places, one was from the Cleveland Clinic about what to expect.  They do say that during the treatments, the possibility of some blood tinted urine is possible.  If it becomes really red then you need to be concerned and contact your doctor.  My first BCG is Monday.  Not looking forward to it, but hearing from someone who is, is helpful. Hope it gets easier for you.  Hank

1 year 2 months ago #61622 by EddieS
Four down, 23 or so to go.  I had my 4th BCG treatment on Tuesday.  This one was a little tougher than the first 3 were.  Everything went as normal during the treatment and the 2 hour waiting period.  After 2 hours I emptied my bladder and no problems.  Second emptying went smooth also.  Then as usual I would start to feel burning for the next 5 or 6 times but this time it was a lot more intense than in the past.  I also had a redish tint to the urine (blood I'm guessing) and my urgency was really high.  If I didn't react as soon as I got the urge to go, I wouldn't have made it to the bathroom in time.  Then, as before, it all calmed down about 8 hours in.  No urgency or burning, just like it never happend.  Kind of strange.  Oh well, number 5 next Tuesday, it should be interesting.  Good Luck Everyone!!!  Hang in there.

1 year 2 months ago #61615 by EddieS
Hey Hank, Good Luck.  If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out.  I am 4 treatments ahead of you and I am on a 3 year program so I will be here for a while.  Don't hesitate to ask, I will reply.  Eddie

1 year 2 months ago #61614 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hi Sara Anne.  Thanks for the reply.  I will definitely be doing the motel.  Eddie’s response and yours has given me calm as I now will have a plan. Thanks again! Hank 

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne