BCG Treatment Journey

1 year 1 month ago #61703 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Well, the results are in.  My PSA number is 3.6 and my urine test shows NO Cancer cells.  This means that I am officially on the 3 year program.  I have 3 months off and then in June, I have another cystoscopy and if all is well, 1 week later I start 3 more BCG treatments.  This is GREAT News, I hope you all have the same results when you reach this point in your treatments.  Continue to post and I will do the same.  Stay Strong All, Positive Thoughts and keep pushing forward.  Eddie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #61702 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hi Eddie,
Sounds like a positive outcome so far, so congrats on that!  I have one more BCG treatment and then a cystoscopy 3 weeks later, so reading your posts is encouraging.  I can only hope for a similar outcome.  Hopefully your other test is clear too.  Stay healthy and keep the faith!
Hank

1 year 1 month ago #61701 by Pickle_Bill
Replied by Pickle_Bill on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Thanks Eddie, Had my second treatment Monday. All went as planned. No adverse side affects. We got this.

1 year 1 month ago #61700 by EddieS
Had my Cystoscopy today, 3 weeks after my 6th BCG Treatment. Everything looks GOOD so far. I am waiting the outcome of a urine test to see if any cancer could be detected. My Doc scheduled me for another Cystoscopy in 3 months and then a week later, phase 2 of treatments. 3 BCG treatments this time. It was interesting to watch the monitor as she explained what she was seeing, every step of the way. She saw some scaring from the 2 surgeries but she said things were healing well. I guess I'm REALLY on my way. I won't forget about you all. I'll continue to post along the way, specially if I have any symptoms from the first round of treatments. Hang in there everyone, we got this.

1 year 1 month ago #61690 by EddieS
Hey Bill, sounds like you are on the same path that I am, just a few weeks behind.  I will leave some bread crumbs along my path as I walk ahead of you so you can follow me and not get lost.  As my last post said, I completed my first set of 6 BCG Treatments almost 2 weeks ago and am scheduled for a Cystoscopy on the 22nd of March.  Hoping that will come out good so I can continue on my 3 year program.  I wish you luck today.  Believe me, I know all the thoughts swirling around in your head.  Just take it one day/week at a time.  Follow me and I'll pull you along.  So a little update.  Since my 6th treatment, things have been going along as if nothing happened.  No burning, no cramping, nothing really to report, so I guess that's good news.  I will post again after that wonderful camera check.  Hang in there everyone.  Eddie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alkamodaddy, Pickle_Bill

1 year 2 months ago #61668 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
We are on the same page.  The first time I stayed I made the reservation online.  When I got there, I asked if they had a special rate for hospital patients and since they are a half mile from the clinic, they said they do.  It was a better rate than online, or even AARP or Rewards member rate.  But you are correct, you have to ask at the motel desk directly.  For those of you that have to travel somedistance for your treatments and are considering where to stay after the treatments, I firmly believe the motel is the way to go even if you have family in the area.  After reading all of the scary stuff and having to use bleach etc., I chose the motel over staying with my daughter and her young family.  It's a personal choice, but it is what I did.  Good luck!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne