BCG Treatment Journey

1 year 3 weeks ago #61752 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Bill, 
Glad to hear your first six went ok.  Gook luck with your cystoscopy!  Enjoy the break!
Hank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 3 weeks ago #61751 by Pickle_Bill
Replied by Pickle_Bill on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Treatment #6 is in the books. Went quite smooth with minimal side effects. Yay, now for a 4 week break till the cystoscopy. Hoping the results will be favorable. 

@Hank, you are right, life will never be the same, but I am happy for every day I get up and my feet hit the floor.

1 year 3 weeks ago #61750 by Alkamodaddy
I have found that from the day of my first cystoscopy, after finding blood in my urine, my life will never be the same.  I am sure everyone in this forum probably feels similarly.  I remember when the doc said there is a tumor in my bladder (turns out to be tumors and cis) I remember getting off the procedure table shaking.  I have since accepted that it is what it is, and it is out of my hands. The thoughts of the fact I have cancer is always in the back of my mind.  This forum has been helpful if only for the fact I am not the only one.  I just has a PSA test and am waiting for results.  I have a cystoscopy next Tuesday.  So, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
You are right Eddie, time does seem to fly by.  Something to get used to I guess, measuring time by procedures and treatments.  I hope the best for you and anyone else reading this.  
Hank
The following user(s) said Thank You: rheako

1 year 3 weeks ago #61749 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
I haven't posted for about 3 weeks, wow how the time flies.  Not much really to report.  No new symptoms.  Just waiting on my 3 months to be over so I can have my next cystoscopy and then treatments 7, 8, & 9 in late June.  Hope all is well for everyone.  I am still thinking about you all and keeping you in my prayers.  Keep hangin in there.  Eddie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alkamodaddy, rheako

1 year 1 month ago #61732 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hey Bill, 4 down and 2 to go.  All the same symptoms as I had.  I believe those things show that the treatments are doing their job.  Hang in there and keep moving forward.  You are following right behind Hank and me.  We are all going to make it thru this together.  Hank, good luck on your upcoming cystoscopy and urine/blood testing.  I am praying for you both.  Stay strong!  Eddie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alkamodaddy

1 year 1 month ago #61731 by Alkamodaddy
HI Bill,  
Thanks for the updates.  Sorry to hear about the discomfort etc, but from what I have read on the subject this is all pretty normal, including the possibility of some blood in the urine.  I like to think that it means the treatments are doing what they are supposed to do.
Good luck with the last two! Keep the faith! 
Hank

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne