BCG Treatment Journey

1 year 2 months ago #61634 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Five down, 22 or so to go. I had my 5th BCG treatment on Tuesday. Since the 4th one was a little tougher, I decided to try a product for stinging/burning and urgency called AZO. I took it at the 2 hour mark, just before I expelled the dose of BCG. Everything went as normal during my treatment and the 2 hour waiting period again. The second emptying went smooth also. Then as usual I would start to feel burning for the next 6 or 7 times but this time it was greatly reduced from the 4th treatment. Maybe the AZO worked. I also had an orangish tint to the urine (from the AZO) and my urgency was not as bad as last time. I had plenty of time to get to the bathroom. Now don't get me wrong, it still sting/burned a little but nothing like the last time. Then, as before, it all calmed down about 8 hours in. No urgency or burning, still a little Orange. I took a second dose of AZO about 4&1/2 hours after my first urination to carry me thru the final hours. Number 6 next Tuesday, then a 3 week break and in for a Cystoscopy (camera check) to see what it looks like in there. That will determine my future course of action. I'll keep you posted. Eddie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alkamodaddy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #61633 by EddieS
Hank, You are finally on your way.  Having my 5th tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes.  I think I am going to try AZO this time.  Couldn't hurt, just makes your pee a little orange for a short while.  Let me know how it goes today for you.  I'll stay in touch.  Eddie

1 year 2 months ago #61632 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Just had my first BCG treatment.  The nurse thought the AZO was a really good idea.  She also mentioned that the “burning” may not be bad at first, but gets worse after the second or third treatment.  Goes along with what you are experiencing Eddie.

1 year 2 months ago #61629 by Alkamodaddy
I looked the AZO product up.  It sounds promising.  I am going to pick some up and if doc approves, try it as well.  Ttyl - Hank

1 year 2 months ago #61628 by EddieS
I have not tried that.  I know it helped with the bladder cramping after my Tumor removal and restaging surgery.  What might work is using those AZO red pills for UTI Infections that cause burning.  I know I used those after my 2 surgeries and they did help.  I don't know why I never tried them after the treatments.  I think I will this time.  Ed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alkamodaddy

1 year 2 months ago #61627 by Alkamodaddy
Just out of curiosity, does taking otc pain meds help ease the pain/discomfort/burning while peeing after BCG treatment?  Hank

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne