BCG Treatment Journey

1 year 3 months ago #61597 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Thank you for sharing, I am waiting myself for the start of BCG treatments.  It looks like you have a lot ahead of you, and I will say a prayer for you as well. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #61596 by bbowlja
Replied by bbowlja on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hi Eddy,

Glad to hear your 2nd treatment went well.  Unfortunately, I got my TURBT results back and I have an aggressive version that went into muscle.  They also found a cancer cell in a vascular position inside the bladder.  Anyways... I headed for a cystectomy and some chemo.
Got a CATSCAN coming up 2/7 and a meeting with the Oncologist on the following Monday 2/13 to find out more about what they found and what the CATSCAN has to say.  It was a lot of bad news but my family is sticking close and I'm praying a lot.

Good luck on your BCG.  

Mike

1 year 3 months ago #61594 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Well, 2 treatments down, about 25 to go, yes my urologist says I am on the 3 year program due to the aggressiveness of my cancer.  I had my 2nd BCG Treatment on Tuesday, it's now Friday evening.  It really went pretty well again.  For the second week now all I had was a little burning during urination for about the first 6 hours and then back to normal.  Urgency was up a little the first day.  Every treatment that goes that way is one less with worse side effects.  Hang in there everyone, we are ALL going to get thru this.  I'll post again after treatment #3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alkamodaddy

1 year 3 months ago #61589 by bbowlja
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the response.  I’ll look for your updates.  I was dreading the TURBT before I got it a week ago and I made it through that.  Had the Foley thing with the urine bag for about 2 days.  Still have catheter from kidney to bladder but I think that stays in for a month or more.  

I’m mostly worried if I can hold that stuff in for 2 hours.  I guess time will tell.  Thanks again.

Mike

1 year 3 months ago #61588 by bbowlja
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the response.  I’ll look for your updates.  I was dreading the TURBT before I got it a week ago and I made it through that.  Had the Foley thing with the urine bag for about 2 days.  Still have catheter from kidney to bladder but I think that stays in for a month or more.  

I’m mostly worried if I can hold that stuff in for 2 hours.  I guess time will tell.  Thanks again.

Mike

1 year 3 months ago #61584 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
You are right about the septic issue.  When I call the Septic Guys they gave me Cudos for even thinking about it.  So Cudos to you also.  You DON'T  want to put that much bleach in your system.  It will kill all the good bacteria also.  Luckily I live outside the city on an acre, so I have plenty of space to pee.  I just used a 5 gallon bucket in the garage and took it out to the same place in back each time.  Then I bleached the bucket and put it in the same place.  I have a friend that used a Camping Potty which you can reuse, you just replace the bag.  I have High Grade (Agressive) cancer so I am on a 3 year program.  Renting a honey bucket every 3 months could get expensive.  Good luck 

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne