BCG Treatment Journey

8 months 2 weeks ago #61933 by rheako
Replied by rheako on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Glad it is going as well as it can for you, Hannah! The only difference with my treatments is that I have to hold the gem x90 mins and the doce x120 mins. I have a harder time with the doce, more spasms. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 3 weeks ago #61923 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hannah, thanks much for sharing your experience!  I am still on the BCG protocol, but I may have to switch at some point.  Knowing what to expect is priceless!   I am hoping for the best outcome for you and everyone else in the “club”.  Keep the faith! Hank 

8 months 3 weeks ago #61922 by hannah
Replied by hannah on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Having had 3 treatments (gem/doce) thus far, everything is going as expected.  First gemcitabine is instilled via catheter and it has to remain in the bladder for 45 minutes.  This is the hard part as bladder spasms occur intermittently and they are painful.  I'm not sure if the spasms are caused by the fluid trying to escape or due to the chemical nature of the gemcitabine.  I did take a 20mg tablet of trospium that is meant for spasms; however, it didn't really help much.  Once the gemcitabine is expelled, the docetaxel is instilled and I can leave the office and then expel it in about an hour later when I am at home.  I haven't had any spasms with the docetaxel.  The only other issue is burning when peeing , but that only lasts for about 24 hours and then back to normal.

8 months 3 weeks ago #61921 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hannah:  Ahhhh, I like that on site personal reporting.  Yes, please keep letting us know how you are doing, what the treatments are like, what symptoms you are having, you are one of us.  We want to stay in touch.  You are the gem/doce trail blazer of the group.  It encourages us to know how you are doing.  Please keep posting with updates.  Maybe we will all have a reunion in Moab if we make it thru, I meant, WHEN WE MAKE IT THRU.  Positive Thoughts, hang in there.  Eddie

8 months 3 weeks ago #61920 by rheako
Replied by rheako on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Eddie, I am on the table receiving my second gem/doce treatment as we speak, lol. So far so good, but more time- consuming.  Just minor spasms so far, but I know the side-effects/ symptoms will get worse as I go, just like the BCG. I would love to compare notes with you, Hannah!

I want to go to Moab!! :)
Hope everyone is enjoying the summer!
--Tacy 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alkamodaddy

8 months 3 weeks ago #61919 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Good news for all!!!!!!!  Bill, we did MOAB a few years back, well worth the visit but you are right, it would be an exceptional drive from New Hampshire to South East Utah.  Hopefully you would plan to see some things along the way out and back.  There are a lot of things to see going Interstate 90.  Tons of stuff in South Dakota (Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Bad Lands, and 100 other things) and Yellowstone in Wyoming before dropping down into Utah.  Might as well make the long drive worth it if you decide to come this way.  Glad things went better for treatments 8 & 9.  Hank, Negative for carcinoma are the SWEET words we all want to hear after that Scope and Urine test.  It seems like we are on pins and needles each time when we go in after that 3 or 6 month break.  Rheako and Hannah, weren't you 2 going to be start gem/doce?  Did that happen or are you still waiting?  If you have started, how is that going?  Stay Strong everyone!  I'm praying for you all.  Eddie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alkamodaddy

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne