Husband has stage IV cancer

16 years 8 months ago #7741 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Husband has stage IV cancer
Hi Bens Paula.....don't get caught up in statistics...throw that number out the window. There are lots of variables in that statistic. We have many here who have been at stage 4 with lmyphatic spread and the chemo has worked for them. Don't give up the hope and stay positive......and breathe. The therapy is grueling but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully others who have been thru this will post and make you feel a bit more confident. I think this post maybe should have a new heading of its own so people will see it. Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #7740 by New2This
Replied by New2This on topic Husband has stage IV cancer
We are in a similar situation, it is my husband who is 56. I have high hopes that the chemomtherapy my husband will soon start will get all the cancer cells. That is what you have to cling to and it is possible. You will get much positive support from this forum. You will see that there are many who have the same or worse diagnoses that have lived for many years and this also gives hope. We can't give up.

16 years 8 months ago #7738 by bens_paula
Husband has stage IV cancer was created by bens_paula
:'( my 47 year old husband was diagnosed with bladder cancer in april this year. had a radical cystectomy in june and they said it had spread to some lymph nodes which made it stage 4 cancer. he just finished his first cycle of chemo, gemzar and carboplatin, and is really feeling so tired and weak, he can hardly move from room to room. he tries to go to work, but doesnt make it thru the day. we were told he has a 30% chance of survival and i am totally devestated by this! he has been my rock for 28 years now, and i am so afraid of losing him!! if faith and attitude have anything to do with this, he will beat this vile thing! i am the one having the problems and being so afraid. have been looking for a support group and havent really found anything out there, so am giving this a try. acutally, it feels sorta good to just vent online, nobody can see me crying here. anyone else out there in same place, sure would like to hear from you.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne