Husband has stage IV cancer

16 years 7 months ago #8369 by Tomc
Replied by Tomc on topic Husband has stage IV cancer
I too know the survival rate statistics as I did the research after I was diagnosed with invasive bladder cancer (stage IV, grade IV). My wife and I felt the same way you do, it's only natural. I had a radical cystectomy and found out after that 24 of the 84 lymph nodes removed tested positive [for cancer]. Bleak it was for us. Chemo followed and I did reasonably well getting through that with fantastic help from my wife and the support and prayers of many people. We tried to remain positive and hopeful throughout it all. I had my surgery four years ago yesterday, so that 30% survival rate is now well up to over 70% for me. I realize that I am blessed and lucky but there's no reason you and your husband can't be also. No one really knows how life will turn out so I'm thankful for each and every day. Be positive and supportive, accept the prayers from others, and move forward. Best of luck to both of you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #8348 by bens_paula
Replied by bens_paula on topic Husband has stage IV cancer
thank you all for your kind words and well wishes. i am still in shock, it still really hasnt hit me yet, i have yet to be alone and dread the day i am finally on my own when my sister heads home. i wish each of you the best of luck and health and will pray for you all every day. i dont see myself on this forum for awhile now, so everybody take care and God Bless!!!
Paula

16 years 7 months ago #8336 by Clara
Replied by Clara on topic Husband has stage IV cancer
Paula,
I too know there are no words we can say except you are certainly in our thoughts and prayers.
Thank you so much for sharing with us and take good care of yourself.

Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

16 years 7 months ago #8334 by clur
Replied by clur on topic Husband has stage IV cancer
Paula
I am so sorry and shocked to read your message.My thoughts are with you and your family at this time and I am sorry there wasnt a happier outcome to your time here.
Lots of love and loving hugs Claire xx

16 years 7 months ago #8330 by New2This
Replied by New2This on topic Husband has stage IV cancer
There are no words, but I am so very sorry.

16 years 7 months ago #8329 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Husband has stage IV cancer
Paula,

What can I say, nothing is the right thing...I am thinking of you, and you are not alone. I am sending you an "E-Hug". Email me anytime...

Warmly,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne