Symptom of BCG's?

17 years 5 months ago #1991 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic Symptom of BCG's?
They said the BC was still there but no real defined tumers just pinkish area were the first one was removed, They say it is high grade that is the concern. When they removed first 2 tumers they were .6 amd .5 so quite small and a grade t-1 that is waht this new uro said interferon and bcg might work. we will know in a few weeks. By the way even on the 3rd turb they still really did not say there were tumers. I need to add I am taking ISAIC tea 2 times a day, and lots of herbalistic stuff I started 2 months after my first turb. I was no worse off after my last turb than the first one, But the first uro said BCG did nothing. he wanted to do RC so I moved on to more opinions. This will be my last shot at it. No more treatments for me. Have a great day. Don

Hanging in there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #1989 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Symptom of BCG's?
Greg,

I don't know what a TENS Machine is.... :-[

I hope it isn't like meat welding. :P

This acute pain has come up so suddenly that I've hardly had time to think at all.

BTW, Thanks for your really witty posts here. They make me laugh, and laughter as they say, is the best medicine. :D

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 5 months ago #1988 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Symptom of BCG's?
Hi,

I had a chest XRay before my last TURBT + TURP earlier this week thinking the crippling pain I had in my rib cage and right shoulder MIGHT be mets. but that was OK.

I am now down for a CT Scan on this coming Thursday to see if that shows a probable cause.

Personally I believe that I will come up clear for mets but that scoliosis will prove to be the problem.

Scoliosis has been caused by the herniation of my KC scar and the fact that I have no stomach muscles - the spine is now curving sideways to compensate/carry the large bulge on the left!

Many of the aches and quite serious pains have a mechanical cause!

A small but significant thought is that prior to my nephrectomy I could slide into bed and get up in the morning hardly creasing the bed since the op my side of the bed is a mangle of sheet! I am incredibly restless - so much so that my infinitely better half often gets up and sleeps in the other bedroom! She also tells me that I now talk in my sleep (probably a good job she sleeps in the other room when I'm talking in my sleep :-[ )

Just a thought but have you tried a TENS Machine for the pain - they do work well sometimes.

Good luck.
Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 5 months ago #1987 by Rosemary
Good luck with your TURB, Don, and thanks for the reply.

Was the BC back at your 6 month Cystoscopy? How big is the tumour(s)?

Best wishes,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

17 years 5 months ago #1978 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic Symptom of BCG's?
I had BCG with interferon and I did get joint pain after the 4th treatment, even a wound I had 36 years ago has flared up and Is now the worst and last one hanging on. I did not finsh the last 2 treatments the URO said It should work. By the way I got sick from treatments before the joint pain started. I did have 6 BCG treatments 6 months ago and had no side effects but also the treatment did not work. Doc says a lot of people say if you have side effects it is more chance it is working. I hope this is the case, I have my TURB on the 27th of Nov. Don

Hanging in there!

17 years 5 months ago #1977 by Rosemary
Thanks, Wendy, for the reply and the support.  I will call the Dr next week...

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne