Symptom of BCG's?

17 years 1 month ago #4099 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Symptom of BCG's?
I have always been so healthy.

During preop evaluation for my TUR, the anesthesiologist looked at my chart and remarked,  "You are not on any meds?  I'm not accustomed to working on healthy people. This is a no brainer".   So, he laid his clip board aside, sat down in a chair and began to tell me about his life and education.  

Well all of that has changed.  The health part I mean.

On Saturday last, I began spitting up blood.  I had a burning pain in my chest.  I still had this funky fungal thing going on under my right breast and my toe on my right foot was still big,  swollen and blue.  I can't move it.  The skin had started peeling off.  Then on top of it all, I still had a very strange vaginal discharge which seemed to have set up house..

I felt it to be time for the first possible opening for me at the GP's.  My doctor wasn't available, so I get to see a PA.  She says to me, "We'll be spending a lot of time together this afternoon."

The first issue at hand seems to be my toe. She seems fixated.  "What is going on with that toe?" :o

(Never mind the spitting up of blood)

She then took an X Ray of my toe.  It is not broken.  She did a test for Uric acid.  It is not gout.

She said, "This is very interesting.  This is very interesting.
I'm going to set up an appointment with a Rheumatologist."  She's obsessed with my toe.

So, the short of it is,  I am now on two different antibiotics, one for sinus infection, one for bacterial vaginal infection . She gave me another yeast prescription.  She said "No more Ibuproffen".  (Great!) She wants me to take Prilosec for stomach.

Next week, I have 3 different doctors appointments on 3 different days.  Gynecologist, Urologist, Rheumatologist.  Have I missed anything?

It will be very interesting to find out what the Rheumatolgist decides and if the big toe, et al,  is correspondent with BCG treatments.   I definitely have some immune system issues going on.

The funny thing is (and it is funny), I sure feel good to feel so bad.  

Thanks for listening,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #3644 by Rosemary
After showing my Mother my thumb and my toe, I guess she called my sister pronto.  My sister called last night and said, "You've got gout" :o  Okay....(never had the gout...)

That determined me to try some organic cherry juice (for gout) and I must say that my thumb is better than it has been in weeks, and I slept much, much better last night.  My toe is swollen and has a way to go.

I checked on the Net and could not find a connection with gout and BCG (not yet).  There is a connection between gout and toxicity....

I switched from regular garlic to AGED GARLIC, and am taking Pau D'arco tea for yeast.  The yeast seems to be improving as well.

Now it is almost time to go for another BCG hit. :-/

All my best,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

17 years 3 months ago #3021 by Rosemary
After extensive blood work and X-Rays  :o my GP has concluded that my rather severe arthritic like pain is a result of BCG treatments.  

His reasoning is that the only abnormal test result was an elevated blood marker indicating a high level of inflammation.  (No real arthritis or rheumatism)

I asked, "What do I tell my Uro?  Do I continue treatments?"

His reply was, "CONTINUE YOUR TREATMENTS FOR THE BLADDER CANCER.  YOU CAN LIVE WITH THIS PAIN TEMPORARILY. TAKE IBUPROFFEN BEFORE THE TREATMENTS."

(Just for the record here, the pain migrates and is now in my foot.  It is NOT leaving my shoulder or hand and merely comes and goes in the hip)

I also asked about using NSAID's as a Bladder Cancer preventative (would he prescribe?).

He looked very doubtful. :-?  He said, "No one is prescribing NSAID's to prevent bladder cancer.  Besides, you already have bladder cancer." :-X

THE DOCTOR WAS VERY HAPPY WITH MY CHOLESTEROL!!

I still have the yeast infection.  He gave me a new prescription, which I didn't want to tell him that I am not going to fill.  ($80.00 after the first prescription!).

He'll see me back in a year.

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

17 years 4 months ago #2695 by Rosemary
I wanted to let everyone know that the arthritic pain seems to be receding, somewhat.

I am downgrading the pain level of 8 to about a 4.  The shoulder still feels dislocated and the hand hurts, but the pain in my hip has been gone for a few days.

Fatigue continues to be a problem.  It is an effort to do my normal 2 block post office walk every day at work, but, I force myself.

There is a neccessary forced interruption of sleep in order to go to work, but I am back home in my chair and asleep by 7:30 at night.  It's a good thing I'm not married.  

I do believe that this will all get better with time.  Then, in 5 months, we will start it all over again.
I am determined to follow through on these treatments!  From all that I've read in my studies on the Net, they are a very profitable treatment of bladder cancer.

What else can I do? :-/  

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

17 years 4 months ago #2375 by Rosemary
Elaine,

Thank you for sharing. You are very brave and mature. There is no way to know what kind of demons she was fighting. Still, I can tell that you loved her, and it must be a lot to bear.

Please take care of yourself and know that I am thinking of you.

Thanks for sharing,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

17 years 4 months ago #2372 by rugrat1956
Replied by rugrat1956 on topic Symptom of BCG's?
Hi, Rosemary, Mom was bipolar but leaned much to the chronic depressive side. I remember few times growing up that she was ever happy. My dad took glorious care of her but he had a severe stroke in 1979 and lost his speech and use of his body. Mom lasted three years before succumbing to a very severe episode of depression and did not survive it. She took her life September 25th, 1983. I spent every day for hours on the phone with her talking about life, problems and trying to talk her out of suicide. I tried to give her a reason to live but I found that many times that reason has to come from within. I could not fight the war raging in her head and we did not have access or knowledge of medical intervention at the time. Toward the end we did find medical help but is was too late. I learned much from her and loved her dearly. I was heartbroken when I got the call. The only time I ever saw her truly happy was the year she and dad lived with my husband and myself. Even with that the depression crept in and she became agitated and eventually moved out. She was in a state of hallucination and there was no stopping it. She delighted in my children and we delighted in her. She was a gentle, shy woman, but yet, through the years was called to endure many hardships that she bore magnificently. She had great inner strength but never saw that attribute in herself. I do miss her. take care, elaine the rugrat. :'( :-* :)

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne