Symptom of BCG's?

17 years 5 months ago #2334 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Symptom of BCG's?
No - don't read it wrong - I have had Challenges, but that is life - going through the wringer is what Lee and others around me have done. Survival is in the main a staggeringly selfish process and we all make those we care most about suffer the most. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with Bubbles but she is suffering as Mr. Woodie concentrates on the Challenges facing him.

My personal prognosis is HOPE - We manage very mild BC in the realisation it COULD escalate, also in fear of spread to ureter or sole remaining kidney.
Also the realisation of possibility of mets.
Don't we ALL?
Are ANY of us in our right mind? There is ALWAYS so much to do and so little time/opportunity to get it done. As to 'paranoia' it is interesting to note the influence of genetics - Hemmingway's wealthy, health, attractive, high achieving daughter committed suicide!
A girl who worked for me committed suicide age 37, when I researched for her 11 year old son I found her Mother, 2 Aunts and grandmother had all committed suicide age 37! :-/
To me no more than a VERY silly superstition. AFTER their suicide! ::)
It was HIS life and if he required his own demise at 100 for its integrity why should he be forced to continue and live a lie! How wonderful that his wife valued his abitions adequately to support him.
Hey - that wasn't SIZE 46 but 46 inch waist! Now upto about 48 inches.
Waiting for the next big blow!
Ever intimmidated by the endless fantasy of politicians to extort our taxes on claims of mythical global warming as a euphemism for climate change, when there is NO evidence of ANY man made global warming, merely a politically expedient beneficial crisis!
Or will they inspire and invoke racism to promote a beneficial crisis to introduce control based on a myth of terrorism and Islam!

Chickens or Eggs - Cancer or Terrorists - Change or just Death?

Never forget - life is nothing more than a sexually transmitted fatal disease and all that happens between conception and demise are symptoms! ;)

Regards,
Greg L-W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #2333 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Symptom of BCG's?
Wow, Greg, you'e really been through the wringer!    So, where (in simple terms) does the prognosis stand now?  

About your comment in another thread of Hemingway's ultimate decision to take his own life...  
I thought about that yesterday while I was out walking the dog.  Hemingway was not in his right mind in the end.  By all evidence, he had been paranoid for some time before this.   Not a coward...just not sane....

I once heard an American guru (Ram Das) talk about suicide and he said that it was his feeling that in the first moments after the act of suicide is completed, that the entity probably feels a little silly. This made perfect sense to me.

I also heard recently about the man who wrote "Living the Good Life"  who decided to stop eating after he reached 100.  Healthy man.  Tired of living?  His wife allowed and honored his request.  This sounds a little more sane than Hemingway's violent act.

I suppose you think about this from time to time.  I suppose we all do.

On a lighter note, you've been to a lot of interesting places where I would like to go.

By the description of the top of your head we still could be related, (not my brothers, but my cousins got that gene).

Are you still a size 46?

Rosemary
Who is dog (Beau) sitting in an elegant home, by the edge of a cornfield, .....on the Crystal Coast of North Carolina ;)
And doing the BCG's ;D

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 5 months ago #2322 by Mike

Hi,

can't oblige with the red hair nor, unlike Wendy, do I live in a cave or on Tulips and Hamster jam, surrounded by Dykes!

I was absolutely ash blond as a babe and my hair stayed that way in India and the Middle East as a child but started to darken to that well known British hair colour of 'gone off rotting oak leaves in a fog' type of thing - however during 10 years in Africa I developed those original ash blond highlights.

Now I'm back to dull and boring 'gone off rotting oakleaves in a fog colour' but with aggressive intervention of white!

I have a wash and wear pony tail and I sometimes wonder if I am growing as it no longer covers the top  ;) The pony tail doesn't grow any more it kinda moves further back! I also have a short beard as I am MUCH too idle to shave every day - actually with my skin it isn't so much shaving as ploughing  ;D

When looking at symptoms and fearing mets - never forget the body never forgives or forgets an injury so many of those pains may well be payback time for an old injury   :-[

Don't always assume mets! Understandable as it is - you might just have a headache not a POTENTIAL BRAIN TUMOUR  :-/

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 5 months ago #2320 by Mike

I love the way you make it sound like a dance ;) Doing the BCGs ;D the downside is it all comes from 'Dance Macabre' >:(

I have had several bouts of intubation with MytomycinC - and at this stage my BC seems relatively minor.

You are right - I had TCC in the Left Kidney and had a nephrectomy with shark bite - cut nerves to stomach from spine and then the joys of a HAI of the MRSA type!! Rotted a hole about the size of a tennis ball along side the filet steak

This means I have NO stomach muscles on the left and thus nothing in opposition to those on the right so they too are prety useless! Went from a 31-32" waist to 46" overnight >:( Due to the full wound hernia I now have a bulge about the size of an American football set in my side :(

5 years plus down thew line this is now causing scvholiosis and some problems but I am still alive so who's bitching ;)

I can follow that as my KC was TCC rather than RCC - TCC is quite unusual I understand [doesn't mean I want to try something usual in the other kidney - I only had one spare :o ]

As I understand it my KC was a gellatinous type based on the white tissue similar to the tissue of the ureters, urethra and bladder inner surface - hence mets to the bladder is more a spread of the original than true mets. When allowed to develope, which we don't, my BC is like tadpole gills [several would be Mr. Woodies coral reef]

Hope this helps explain.

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 5 months ago #2297 by Mike
Hi,

that was not in fact a hypochondriac it was probably one of life's funniest ever individuals, who all his life had bi-polar depression and when not hugely amusing others with his books and his radio shows - such as The Goon Show and the scripts for the iconic war time ENSA shows 'ITMA' or 'It's That Man Again'

Spike Milligan decreed as his last wish, his last words and in his will that the epitaph on his grave stone must be:

I TOLD YOU I WASN'T WELL

& after much protest from the god botherers when his family threatened to inscribe it in Gaelic if denied English it was finally allowed ;)

Spike Milligan's humour you may struggle with, as it is VERY British of its day!

It always reminds me of my childhood as I lay under 110ft. palm trees on the lawns running down to the sea in Kattong, overlooking the wrecks in Singapore harbour, sunk by The Japanese, looking out to watch the lightning striking Sumatra across the Straits of Malacca.

The nearest building being where The Kempetei had their headquarters and in oh so Japanese a style built a glass floor over the beach and served ceremonial dinners as the tide came in on the beach below where they had 'staked' British prisoners whom they watched being torn to shreds by sharks as soon as the water was deep enough - how does THAT help your appetite? [woops I forgot they were Japanese >:( ]

The reason it reminds me of that was the only radio we could reach the BBC with was the one in our Bright Yellow Austin Sports car with its chromed engine courtesy of the previous owner a Millionaire Chinese rubber plantation owner called Flynn Lou who my Father taught to fly at the same time I sort of learned aged 11 ;).

There were two iconic programmes that became deriguerre - The Goon Show and Journey Into Space!

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 5 months ago #2296 by Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne