Robotic, laproscopic surgery

13 years 4 months ago #35459 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic Robotic, laproscopic surgery
I'm relieved that surgery went well. Nausea is pretty common so not a worry. There is a period of readjustment in the comming months so I hope that you will be keeping us advised.

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010
The topic has been locked.
13 years 4 months ago #35452 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Robotic, laproscopic surgery
Glad surgery went well. The nausea is to be expected but hopefully they find the right meds to help his. Some can take Phenergan (it made me hallucinate and pull all my tubes out though because I'm apparently allergic) and the other big one is Zophran.

Send him our best and tell him we're thinking of him (you too)!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...
13 years 4 months ago #35450 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Robotic, laproscopic surgery
So glad that everything went well. Think it is sort of a medical tradition...feel great for two days or so and then the 3rd or 4th
YUK.

Don't remember if I gave you my phone number...sending you a private message with the info.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
13 years 4 months ago #35448 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic Robotic, laproscopic surgery
So glad that the surgery went well! That's wonderful. A big part out of the way. The nausea is awful and do hope they get that under control soon. It does hurt a lot to be sick to your stomach after surgery. Prayers and good thoughts come your way and to George! Merry Christmas!
13 years 4 months ago #35447 by clueless
Replied by clueless on topic Robotic, laproscopic surgery
Well, the operation went well, and he was fairly chipper yesterday. His sons took over last night and I flew home for a few days to take care of his animals until the animal sitter comes back in a few days.

I called him this morning and he is nauseous and has to vomit and it hurts like heck and he feels badly...makes me feel horrible not to be there now.

The staff at OHSU is great, he is very well monitored. I talked to Dr. Amling and the operation was very routine, George's vitals are great and yesterday he had no pain except when getting out of bed.

Apparently it took a turn for the worse this morning with the nausea - I sure hope they get that under control quickly. They are giving him meds for that...and have been all along.
13 years 4 months ago #35431 by clueless
Replied by clueless on topic Robotic, laproscopic surgery

It's snowing here and we are taking off tomorrow before daylight for the airport - not cherishing the thought.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Have wonderful holidays, all!
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne