Robotic, laproscopic surgery

13 years 4 months ago #35522 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic Robotic, laproscopic surgery
Things are sounding better. Bowels & gas are adjusting in well. It was almost 2 weeks before I was discharged from the hospital (from non-robotic surgery) but I am physically close to my hospital, surgeon, and ostomy nurse. I understand you & George are some distance from these faculties. Try to be as knowledgeable as possible with regard to appliance (bag) technique and supply source. I was at a complete loss re: bag application etc. and it was several months before I discovered this forum. I’m sure we can be helpful but the ostomy nurse (WOCN) is the knowledgeable one to maintain contact with now. My surgeon’s oncology certified nurse (RN,OCN) has also been helpful.

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010
The topic has been locked.
13 years 4 months ago #35512 by clueless
Replied by clueless on topic Robotic, laproscopic surgery
We had a small bowel movement yesterday but he is very gassy still with an extended abdomen. That is painful and we are waiting for him to pass that.

Otherwise his vitals and all are good, and he coughed up a little of the aspirated stuff yesterday.

It's been a week since the operation now...
13 years 4 months ago #35506 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Robotic, laproscopic surgery
Things should start getting better from here. It is a very tough surgery but ones the bowels are working, things start getting better fairly fast.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...
13 years 4 months ago #35502 by clueless
Ok, he is out of ICU now and seems a lot better. He also had a confirmed bowel movement yesterday. Very weak tho....but he walks when asked to.
13 years 4 months ago #35496 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Robotic, laproscopic surgery
Best of luck!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...
13 years 4 months ago #35495 by clueless
Ok, heading out soon but reports I am getting sound good and all is on the right track again.

I will start a new thread when I bring him home and the hospital stay is concluded, I see this is getting very long again.

We figure we might be ready to come home Friday...
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne