Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)

14 years 3 months ago #29777 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
Thanks Mike. While the last couple days have been good, i've even been able to get out and do a walk or two around the block. Today it was like i hit a wall, very tired, slept most of the day. Still feeling good just tired. I'm sure tomorrow will be better. Duke
The topic has been locked.
14 years 3 months ago #29743 by mmc

Duke,

That's a very true and very profound statement. I never thought about it like that. Glad I only needed the neobladder surgery and didn't need chemo or radiation.

Glad to hear it was a good day! Many, many more on the horizon for you. :)

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...
14 years 3 months ago #29742 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
Thanks everyone for your support.Just letting everyone know I'm having a good day today.
As for links like Pat mentions, it seems as tho there are many.
Any time you have a lot of radiation or chemo on your body to stop one problem, there is a good chance you may be causing another. These things are poison and deadly, that is why they kill the cancer they target.
I had bone cancer in 91/92. A lot of chemo. When i talked to my oncologist about my resent bladder cancer. he was not a bit
surprised. His first comment was " that is normal for someone that had the type of chemo you had". There is also some damage to ones heart, kidneys, etc.
But you must put all this in perspective. They do the best they can to stop the cancer you have from killing you.If they are not successful then there is no need to worry about side effects!
Duke
14 years 3 months ago #29741 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
OMG!!! No Kidding! I had 30 radiation treatments. I would like to learn more about that. Thanks Pat.

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan
14 years 3 months ago #29739 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
Jim..i just read that they now have discovered a link between testicular cancer and later bladder cancer especially if you had radiation.
Pat
14 years 3 months ago #29737 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
Duke, You are doing great!!!! Keep up the good work.

This is my second time as well. I beat testicular cancer in 1990. I now I have beat this. I hope it is the last time for both of us. But i'm am sure we would fight like hell if we got cancer again. We would do what it would take to stay on this planet, as long as we can.
You are right, six months from now, for the most part it will be behind you. You can look back, and reflect on the battle you just won.......again.
So, one month down, five to go!!!!
It will go by fast, trust me. It will be summer (June) before you know it, and you will be feeling like a million bucks!!!!
Jim

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne