Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)

13 years 3 months ago #35536 by mmc
Congrats Rudy! Happy New Year!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...
The topic has been locked.
13 years 3 months ago #35534 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
:) So, I have recently gone in for my 1 year check-up and gotten a clean bill of health. Not that everyone can expect the same results, but I have had a wonderful recovery and life for me is quite normal after surgery. I never expected that... as I am sure others did not expect to recover and return to normal (or the new normal for some). I wish you the best of luck and remember that attitude has good deal to do with your recovery both in quality and time. If you have any questions myself and others are here to help in anyway we can. It is particularly helpful in knowing that others have been through what you will be about to get through.
Happy New Year and all the best to you.
Rudy
13 years 3 months ago #35533 by wawawayne
Replied by wawawayne on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
Thank you all, especially Duke, for this long and informative post. I'm going in for a RC/NB in mid-February and it's such a great help knowing the range of stuff to expect. I'll think of you all when I'm laid up the first few weeks and wanting to end it all!

Best of luck everyone!
14 years 1 month ago #31029 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
Duke sounds like your right on track. I just got back from Bush Gardens Florida on Spring Vacation with my kids. I have young kids 12 and 11. We all had a ball... doing roller coasters, attending shows and eating our way through the park.

A few months ago I was not sure what life would be like after RC. Now I can say without conviction that it in fact even better than before. This site and the knowledge and experiences of those who've been through the ordeal has helped me tremendously.

Good luck to you... by the way once my lawn starts growing here (Colorado) if it ever stops snowing... you can mow my lawn as well.

Regards,
Rudy
14 years 1 month ago #31027 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
Way to go Duke -

Hearing of your (and everyone else's) success and progress makes me know more than ever I made the right decision to have the RC and neo. Having everyone on this site as a support group has made this journey a lot smoother. Thanks and keep making that progress.

Andy
14 years 1 month ago #31024 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
Duke that is great news. Like you said, the first month you feel like you are going nowhere fast. It was my pleasure to coach you along. You where my first attempt. I hope I helped.
If you run out of things to do, there is always my lawn you could cut.
I am glad, for the most part, this is all behind you.
I told you, that you wouldn't be sorry!!!!!
Remember, once a member, always a member. You can, and have helped others.

Jim

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne