Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)

14 years 1 month ago #31023 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
Well i just went past my three months since my neo. I think it's time to end this whole thread.
Month #one...pretty tough. Did i want to live this bad?
Month #two...All tubes out, feeling better. being alive is good
Month #three+... mowed lawn this week. Rebuilt our washing
machine today. One day at a time!
Thanks everyone for your help and advice.
Duke
The topic has been locked.
14 years 1 month ago #30686 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
Jim, Mike, Rudy,George and everyone, You have all done a great
job of coaching me through this. The journey was a little
tough starting off (Oh, really HELL), but the destination is
good.
I read Cinthia's bio yesterday. And i think it really takes
someone like her that there was nothing out there for at the time she had her first bladder cancer or some one like myself
that went through my first two cancers without a site like
this, to really understand how great this site is and how much support it lends to those in need. Just knowing what is coming
next, and hearing how to get through it from someone that has
already been there makes a world of difference. I just don't know if people can fully appreciate it if they have not been down the same or similar journey without this type of insight.
Thanks to all.
Rick, it sounds to me like you're having the same kind of pre-op fear and worry that we all go through. That is why as soon as i made up my mind to have the neo. I wanted to get it done as soon as possible. I didn,t want to sit around and worry about it.
Duke
14 years 1 month ago #30682 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
So this is what I always tell my Dr when I go in for my 3 month checkups. He and I have become friends through this ordeal. He sometimes gets a 'tude going and needs a pat on the back for his "incredible abilities." My return comment is "I felt absolutely perfect when I first came in to see you.... And then you replumbed me and I had to recover for three months!"

Looking back on it now, I have forgotten all the pain. I just feel the joy of living. You too will enjoy that feeling!

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]
14 years 1 month ago #30681 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
Rick, I felt the same way as you I did not look forward to the experience as the unknown is always scary. But, what you will find here are people who have been through it and that is where you muster the courage. Mike helped me with my anxiety before I went in as well as others. Now that I have been through it and I can tell you now that my life is much, much better post surgery and cancer freeeeeee! Ive resumed every activity I did before surgery.

So good luck and know that we are here to answer questions and relieve that anxiety...

Rudy
14 years 1 month ago #30678 by mmc
Rick,

That's why we are here. It will be the reason you will be here down the road. To help others understand that it's not a death sentence and how to work through all of the various treatments (at least up to the amount that you have personally had).

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...
14 years 1 month ago #30676 by Hox
To all of you from me. I am about 1 month from hearing this surgery was in my future and about 8 days from my rc... When I first heard I had no idea how I would cope... felt like I would be a freak... Now, with all of your help and comments on this thread and others you have normalized the experience for me. This is a gift I can't even begin to quantify. THANK YOU. I still don't look forward to the experience but now I can look forward to my life afterwards!!! Rick

Rick
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne