Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)

14 years 2 months ago #30082 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
:laugh: Duke, I hate to use that old phrase "Told You So", But as you can see it is true. I am glad you are on up side of the recovery. You will see fast and positive results from here on out. I was at 12 weeks yesterday, I am feeling absolutely terrific, no energy problems, not much in the way of leakage and to tell you the truth with the exception of some normal issues with abdominal scar tissue sensitivity I have fewer problems than when I had my real bladder and prostate related issues.

Rudy
The topic has been locked.
14 years 2 months ago #30071 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
Duke, You are on the right track. I can remember back to feeling, that I was going no where fast. Then about the point you are, things really started to improve, and no looking back.
You will be surprised with your progress now. You will be feeling great about the time spring gets here. You will be sooooo frisky!!!! Thanks for the update. Jim

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan
14 years 2 months ago #30058 by mmc
Great to hear Duke! If it weren't for you new guys there would be a lot more about the recovery period that I would have (and have sometimes) forgotten.

Like women in labor wanting to kill us for being the ones that got them pregnant. A couple years down the road they want another one because they forgot.

Keep up the good work!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...
14 years 2 months ago #30056 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
Thanks everyone for your support. Well it has been about 48 days since my RC neo- bladder. In the last week i have started eating better, walking more and hurting less.
On my walk this morning, I even started to think,( you know i think i can do this, maybe it wasn't as bad as i though ) But i know it was as bad as i though, I'm just starting to feel good enough to forget part of it.
There were times in the last couple months that i wasn't sure I
had made the right choice. Now here I am after less then two months and I know it was the right decision.
I survived my first cancer nearly twenty years ago, and wouldn,t trade all the things I've got to see and do for anything. I can only hope that i will feel the same way ten or twenty years from now!
Like Mike says in his piece on "Quality of life" What's the investment of a couple of months of surgery and recovery to be able to have a cancer free life in front of you?
Thanks; Duke
14 years 2 months ago #30055 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
Thanks everyone for your support. Well it has been about 48 days since my RC neo- bladder. In the last week i have started eating better, walking more and hurting less.
On my walk this morning, I even started to think,( you know i think i can do this, maybe it wasn't as bad as i though ) But i know it was as bad as i though, I'm just starting to feel good enough to forget part of it.
There were times in the last couple months that i wasn't sure I
had made the right choice. Now here I am after less then two months and I know it was the right decision.
I survived my first cancer nearly twenty years ago, and wouldn,t trade all the things I've got to see and do for anything. I can only hope that i will feel the same way ten or twenty years from now!
Like Mike says in his piece on "Quality of life" What's the investment of a couple of months of surgery and recovery to be able to have a cancer free life in front of you?
Thanks; Duke
14 years 3 months ago #29882 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16 (Part 2)
Duke, sounds like you are right on track. The apetite will come just give it time. The soreness will go just give that time. All in all it sounds like you will be feeling great in a couple of weeks.

Congrats.... Rudy
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne