First Symptoms

17 years 3 months ago #3057 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic First Symptoms
I am so glad to hear that you finally went through with it! :) I've been wondering about you!

Do you have an appointment for a return visit with the Doc?

After 2 weeks, one would hope that no news is good news, however, I think you should give the Doctor's office a call to verify the return appointment.

I am with Skypilot that you should get a copy of the CAT scan, but I am not sure what the protocol is....it may be the Doc has to see you first. Once again, a phone call to the Doctor's office wouldn't hurt, just to touch base on matters.

I'm proud of you, Hootie. :exclamation [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #3049 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic First Symptoms
I am in the suburbs of Detroit and I had ny results back within 2 days. I want to reccomend you always get copys of all your test results and keep them. This is your rite as a patiant. Good luck and keep praying. Don

Hanging in there!

17 years 3 months ago #3048 by hootie_9
Replied by hootie_9 on topic First Symptoms
Hey guys I had my CT scan over 2 weeks ago and still no results yet. Do they usually take this long. the pain in my bladder went away for nearly two weeks but it came back and it's worse than ever. it hurts to urinate so much.

17 years 4 months ago #2889 by lhpdogs
Replied by lhpdogs on topic First Symptoms
Hootie for heaven's sake, NOTHING and EVERYTHING causes cancer :o

People who never smoke get lung cancer, while people who smoke 3 packs a day live to be 100.

If you've read all the scary stuff you say you have, then you've read that too, right?

Can I tell you something quite honestly? I have to tell people to stop feeling sorry for me, or getting upset, if they hear I have bladder cancer. There are so many other things that could be worse than the type of cancer I have, and I tell them that. I tell them that if they want to say a prayer for me, I will be forever grateful. But their worrying is unnecessary...

so STOP WORRYING. Life happens, and every day is a surprise - and the people on this forum are here to support you IF you get an awful surprise like a diagnosis of Bladder Cancer. But you don't have it yet, do you? so PLEASE go find out if you do, and then come back to us and give us the good or scary news...then, these people have so much knowledge and advice and coping mechanisms and jokes that you will be forever grateful you found them.

OK? :D

TaG1 12/05
3 recurrences
BCG started 9/09

17 years 4 months ago #2888 by hootie_9
Replied by hootie_9 on topic First Symptoms
It's on the 18th. Does a stone causing pain in your bladder for months lead to bc?

17 years 4 months ago #2886 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic First Symptoms
Hootie,

When is your CAT scan scheduled?

You are definitely going to drive yourself crazy.   :P

You are brooding over something that you and no one else has any control over.

It is time to take this horse by the reins and move it forward.

You might even think about asking for an anti-depressant to keep your thoughts from running away with you.  You are having panic attacks out of your fear of cancer.

Please have a good day!

I mean this in a most caring way.  Get a CAT scan!
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne