First Symptoms

17 years 3 months ago #3109 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic First Symptoms
Ninibean,

I can imagine how you are feeling, but there is nothing anyone can say until your mother gets another cystoscopy, and hopefully urinary cytology and even an IVP as well. I have a feeling she could have complained more to the doctor this past year...and should have.

Yes, it could be something other than bladder cancer or urethral cancer. Only a good lower and upper tract work up will be able to diagnose or rule out cancer. These should definitely be done now.

Please keep us posted how it goes.
Wendy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #3090 by ninibean
Replied by ninibean on topic First Symptoms
My mother just told me today that she has experienced intermittent blood spotting and burning pain from her urethra for more than a year. She also has some incontinence during walking and lower back pain. She had a blood test and the "inside of her bladder scraped" about a year ago and the doctors found no signs of cancer, telling her to come back in a year. I was shocked that a doc would send someone with these symptoms away for a year.

Well, the year has gone by and she is going back to the same doctor. I'm so sad that she didn't tell me about this a year ago as I would have urged her to seek a second opinion. Can a year of urethral pain, bleeding, and incontinence come from anything but cancer?

17 years 3 months ago #3068 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic First Symptoms
Sorry,

Thiis is in the wrong thread.
Trying again.

Ro

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 3 months ago #3067 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic First Symptoms
We are rooting for your Mom, Sara.

Please keep us posted and come back with any questions.

Best of luck,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 3 months ago #3064 by hootie_9
Replied by hootie_9 on topic First Symptoms
can you get excruciating pain when you urinate with bladder cancer? it hurts so bad to pee i try not to. my bladder has been going through waves of horrible pain today even when im not urinating and i saw a bit of blood.

17 years 3 months ago #3060 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic First Symptoms
Your Doc can make copys for you on the results or you can get it from the testing agency. I did both as needed. I even got copys of my exras. Don

Hanging in there!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne