First Symptoms

17 years 3 months ago #2595 by lhpdogs
Replied by lhpdogs on topic First Symptoms
Hootie,

I had lots of time to be scared between my doctor scheduling me for my CT scan, and the actual date of it...you gotta start thinking like a SURVIVOR, not a VICTIM. :P OH, and my procedure was Dec 21, and they didn't have my results till day after Christmas - talk about ruining your holiday. But guess what? I lived; and got the diagnosis of the Big C on Dec. 26th. Turns out to be a Small C, an almost-insignificant C, but still C, and I will never be afraid of it again!

I went to Google immediately, and read everything I could. Of course, I focused on all the good survival rates I could find -

I had NO pain in my bladder. I peed almost-straight blood twice (or as Greg would say, Claret or Burgundy), 18 months apart, with no infection involved. That's it. Did I EVER think it was cancer? NO. I was 47 yrs old, never smoked, never worked around chemicals, etc... But when they told me it was a distinct possibility, it make NO sense to freak about it, because if it WAS cancer, how the heck was I going to change anything by freaking?

You look FORWARD - if you know your own heart, then you know if you are a survivor or not. I have had alot of adversity in life in the past several years (not healthwise, but just life circumstances), and I said if I lived through that, no CANCER was going to defeat me, especially not a wimpy one like Bladder Cancer, which is soooooooooo survivable.........IF you listen to the doctors and get the tests and procedures done!!!

Be strong, remain fearless!

Lauren
TaG1, 12/06

TaG1 12/05
3 recurrences
BCG started 9/09

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #2589 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic First Symptoms
Hi,

if they knew with the certainty you imply what causes Bladder Cancer they could cure it!

The medical proffession has very little clue what causes cancer and even less clue how to cure it!

They have a few 'techniques' that SEEM to work but little more.

There have been MANY reports claiming that it seems those who have chemo etc. have almost the same time/survival rates as those who do not. There is also a huge body of thought that medics fight to suppress, that there is so much money made in treating Cancer it is unlikely any Pharma Corp could afford to find a cure!

It is just the same with Global Warming - there is no proof whatsoever of global warming nor that mankind makes anything but an insignificant contribution but if you need a job and a research grant there isn't a Government in the world that will fund you to prove the truth!

IF life was all simple decisions we would be imortal by now and the need to invent and believe in gods would be obsolete!

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 3 months ago #2587 by hootie_9
Replied by hootie_9 on topic First Symptoms
I live in Canada actually so we don't deal with the insurance companies. I don't know what to do, if I go to the hospital and fake having a kidney stone attack then they would take me in right away and probably do a cat scan the same day or I could wait until my scheduled scan on dec 18. What should I do? Even if it is stones I've read that they irritate the bladder and cause the really bad kind of bladder cancer on numerous websites.

17 years 4 months ago #2550 by Mike
Hi,

Hootie now has something to be scared of - not only has Rosemary the uniformed Dominatrix turned up to apply the thumb screws but The Carpenter's wife has arrived - no sitting on her ass crossing Sinai just to have babies in a barn she means business and she has Hootie nailed in the first move! 8-)

The CT is NOTHING compared to having these two gang up on you - no Rug to cushion the fall and Jemema hasn't arrived with the herbals yet - your only hope is some of the Dominatrix' Brandy leave her to chew the grasses! ;D

Right now I am much more scared than Hootie has any excuse to be I have a darned sore throat and a sinus headache and over 5 years on the one thing that I can feel in my stomach is when I cough or sneeze hard IT HURTS :'(

Tell you what Hootie I'll ride to and fro on the CT for the next 3 days if you do my coughing and sneezing for me :)

Here is some BRUTAL motivation for you - no one on this Forum thinks you have Cancer so just immagine YOU HAVE got cancer It was confined but you have ducked and dived just long enough to avoid tests that it has broken out - how long do you intend to risk it growing free? :-/

Failure to diagnose in time is the single cause of premature death from cancer. :P

Haul ass down to your Doctor - explain your fears and get the earliest CT you can - HE WILL understand because General Practicioners do understand Fear - The suffer from FEAR of the premiums going up so all other symptoms they refer rapidly to get them on someone elses insurance and mal practice policy ;D ;D ;D

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 4 months ago #2543 by Mike
Hootie where do you live? If it's in Massachsuetts I can arrange for someone to go with you if you would like.

All the symptoms you describe were not symptoms my husband had and I can pretty much say from what I have read here they were not the symptoms of most. Self diagnosing is a really bad thing.

I don't think anyone here is POSITIVE you don't have BC but I think they do not see a correlation of symptoms that would point in that direction.

I did warn you earlier that me hounding you day after day will be more painful than a simple CT.....

I'm kinda mad at you right now too. Not in a hateful mad way but at the fact that you would rather stress yourself out for another two weeks than face the truth.....which is probably harmless. You should call your doctors office and explain your fears. Doctors also have a choice not to work with patients who are non compliant. They are too much at risk for potential problems.

I work in the ER and work directly with patietns day after day that are scared, have ignored problems for a long time because of being nervous and I can honestly say so many of them thank me for calling them and reminding them that they have a test scheduled and calling them the day after the test to make sure they went.

Oh Hootie please just do it. We'll both feel better.

17 years 4 months ago #2542 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic First Symptoms
No, they aren't 100% sure they aren't stones, and I think that is why they are doing the scan!

Let's play worst case scenario and the doc says you have bladder cancer.

Does that mean it is a death sentence? :-?

I hope not.

Actually, from what I've read, men have a better chance of survival after BC diagnosis than women, so right there, you are already one up on me! But.... I'm still here. And so are a lot of other people.

I'm with Greg. Re-schedule as soon as you can.

Ro

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne