First Symptoms

17 years 4 months ago #2539 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic First Symptoms
Hi,

Hootie it may not make me popular but YOU are an idiot!

Firstly think of the stress and fear of the last 2 weeks - looks like you enjoyed it so much you want to do it all over again!

It is YOUR health YOU are messing with - the longer you stay undiagnosed the greater the danger that something minor could turn out to get worse.

Also - your symptoms have not gone away on their own so failing to get the test gets you no closer to solving the Challenge.

Almost everyone on this list has been scoped so often we start to think they are doind re-runs of old movies in our bladders that everyone wants to watch.

A flexi is NO PROBLEM if you relax - if you tense up it can hurt and I work on the principle I WANT MY BLADDER - I'm attached to it kind off ;) AND I want continence :(

OK so the best way to retain both is haver as many checks as I can and relax so that neither I nor the medics are tense so there is a massively reduced risk of damage.

I call a TUR not a Trans Urithral Resection but a Trans Urethral REPRIEVE.

Stop being your own worst enemy. A scope is a doddle OK so it may be sore having a pee for a day or two after - I'd rather that and have a clear mind than run away from the check to worry!

Good luck, see if you can reschedule sooner - less time to get worked up!

Regards,
Greg L-W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #2536 by hootie_9
Replied by hootie_9 on topic First Symptoms
Well they weren't 100% sure they were stones in my kidneys and bladder pain for 3 months is not common with kidney stones. Most people with kidney stones have no symptoms until they start to pass.

17 years 4 months ago #2534 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic First Symptoms
Well, for one thing, I never had bladder pain or back pain with my bladder cancer.

Also, didn't you say you had nausea.  I'm not sure, cause I've never had stones, but isn't that consistant with stones?

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 4 months ago #2533 by hootie_9
I don't know why you guys seem so positive I don't have it. I have constant pain in my bladder, my bladder hurts when I urinate, I have lower back pain and there is constant trace micro blood as well. From what I've read, those symptoms are related. There isn't an infection.

17 years 4 months ago #2529 by hootie_9
I got really scared and chickened out at the last minute. I rescheduled for 2 weeks from now.

17 years 4 months ago #2506 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic First Symptoms

Poor Hootie.

Right now you are scared of the unknown. Look at how Skeech's situation played out--- :D

Imagine the relief you will feel if you find out it's nothing. Then it will all be behind you and you can move on.

Constant stress puts alot of unseen stress on your body. When you are stressed your heart rate rises, your blood pressure rises......

Go get it done. The CT itself is painless.

I'll be waiting to hear from you! You don't want me hounding you everyday if you blow this appointment off. Now THAT would be more painful than the CT! :P

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne