First Symptoms

17 years 4 months ago #2624 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic First Symptoms
In my case, the blood was only visible after droplets on the toilet rim had time to settle out. Then there was some visible. Other than that, I would have it show up in tests but hardly ever could see it.
Wound up being a 3cm CIS.

It would stand to reason that before people had highly visible merlot urine, it was there but in much smaller quanitity before. The sooner, the better to find this stuff.

So.....I'd say ANY blood in the urine should be an indication to get checked ESPECIALLY if in higher risk groups (Smoker, 40+ yrs old, etc.)

Mike

PS: Tried telling my wife that having pee spots on the toilet was a good test indicator for monitoring, but she's not buying it. :)
;D

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #2623 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic First Symptoms
Hi,

re: Blood in Urine.

I yesterday talked a friend's 81 year old Dad into going to hospital - he was frightened he was peeing blood. Without seeing him by asking questions I established it WASN'T blood - he had been all but bed ridden for a week and was not drinking due to fear of pain getting to the toilet!

His pain was across his lower abdomen with shooting pain down the right inside upper thigh.

Established there was pain in the groin but no lump - so far NOT BC, NOT hernia - My guess was dislocated hip so on the phone organised an ambulance and today he is in hospital waiting for treatment for the dislocated hip that showed up on XRay!

Blood in the urine is almost always fresh blood and the concentration varies from Burgundy through Claret and Rose to Pink Champagne ALL OF THESE COLOURS MUST be taken seriously - Christ may allegedly have turned water into wine, neat party trick ;), but even he didn't pee wine!

All of these conditions are Frank Hematoria - Hematoria is blood in the urine - Frank is NOT someone sharing your bladder ;D but frank as in visible.

Hemateria can occur that is NOT frank ie not visible but shows up on tests - this requires monitoring but tends not to indicate a major problem.

Brown in the urine is usually caused by one of 3 thinks - old dead blood, which usually results from a healed physical damage to the bladder - such as the brown that goes with the dumping of the caterpillar like scab from TURBT or TURP 2-4 weeks after the procedure. OR infection OR miscalculation of colour!

I'm sure there are other scenarios but these are the main ones.

TAKE BLOOD SERIOUSLY the bladder is not supposed to produce it and NEVER fail to find out why YOU had the symptom - you only have one bladder and as those who have lost theirs will tell you - ALL of the substitutes are inferior merely better than nothing!

You will also probably find if you could ask everyone here who has had bladder removal or have died prematurely of BC - yhe one common denominator would most likely be late diagnosis!

Never miss a chance of a check uuuup.

Good luck.
regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 4 months ago #2617 by Skeech
Replied by Skeech on topic First Symptoms
Hootie,

You are young and I just want to tell you, my hubby was smart (coaxed along by his wife) in getting these things checked out. YES, answers are important - it's the unanswered that will make you crazy.

No matter what it is, find out and Like Yesterday!!! There is nothing worse in life than a stubborn person who doesn't care about himself.. We all want you to deal with your health - Please don't be afraid.

My husband is the most stubborn person in the world! It was very important to get him to the emergency room that night.. The doctor then, thanked him for coming him, because blood or anything unusal coming out of our bodies during peeing is/ or might be a Problem.. Find your strength! Dig Deep! You got it kiddo - just find it and Get 'Er' Done!!!!!! Please~~

All the rest of you... Thank you so much... I had my hubbie read everything to this point from my original post and he is so chicken of anything wrong, but it was an eyeopener and he took it all very well... Thank You!!!

17 years 4 months ago #2616 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic First Symptoms
Glad to hear from you, Hoot,

My pee was always bright red. Never rust.

You sound much better.

Ro

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 4 months ago #2614 by hootie_9
Replied by hootie_9 on topic First Symptoms
Thanks guys I appreciate the posts. Back in June and July I was peeing rust colored blood in my urine, but I figured it was from the new stones in my kidney. What color is the blood normally from the bladder? Thanks for all the help guys, I promise to get the CT scan on my next appointment.

17 years 4 months ago #2596 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic First Symptoms
Hi,

and if a One Horse Power Dog can fighten off a bit of wimpy cancer so can Hootie.

There is another way to look at all of this:
IF you don't have Cancer and or survive in the long run what the XYZ are you worrying about?

IF you have a vigerous Cancer that takes you out in a year why worry you are stuffed anyway so enjoy the year and leave your family and friends with good memories and an example of courage.

Do tell me what worry can or ever has achieved other than diminish your ability to cope with the problems.

Death is inevitable and it is astonishing howmany people I have met in my life who died at 20 and waited until they were 70 to be buried worrying themselves and those around them for the 50 years between!

A Death sentence scan merely tells you howmuch time you have to cram the rest of your life into ;)

An all clear scan may mean you get run over by some idiot celebrating having survived the American attrocities in Iraq!

Life is what gets in the way of your plans!

Regards,
Greg L-W.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne