anyone dealt with "C DIFF " during RC recovery?

17 years 1 week ago #5056 by mznoregrets
Hi all :)

I have indeed recieved PM's  - just not typing much til it is easier from the port going in. The port is a bigger lump than I was expecting. My Mom and hubby thinks it is too but they also think I have nowhere to hide it...no fat. Oh well, as long as it works :)

As far as my leg, that has not improved at all since the surgery. I can't tighten up the thigh muscles, make it go where I want it too, or make it move quick and smooth. It is how it is. Frankly - I am just grateful to get urges to pee and get my bowels on track again.

With Mayo's on the chemo - I am not sure what the deal is..it seems dr's have a code they don't like to suggest what another dr should do even if it is a continuation of treatments of various types. I just want my best shot to be unemcumbered by egotistical or ignorant docs. There is no do over if it gets botched. They are doing cisplatin / gemzar.

The undetermined mets....The lung nodule and the tumor in my left shoulder bones have not been defined as benign . They will know after the next scans so it remains "undetermined". Again - it is what it is - I can't worry about it anymore. All that changed was my understanding.

It is 75 degrees here and sunny - this chick is hitting the patio  8-) Love you - I'll write more as my right arm hurts less! Holly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 week ago #5050 by Patricia
Holly..did you get my PM on your leg? I got a wierd message after i posted and wondered if it went thru? Pat

17 years 1 week ago #5042 by wendy

Hi Holly,

I'm sorry to hear that the stress factor is still so high. I also don't get why the oncologist was so vague in those responses regarding chemo and diuretics post-neobladder. Which chemos are you getting?

You're doing a fantastic job in spite of the scary hurdles placed in front of you. Yes, I"ve met a few people with nerve damage in the leg(s) post-op, but it almost always gets better in time.

Wishing you well,
Wendy

17 years 1 week ago #5041 by wendy

Hi,

I would think if there were actual mets you would have known by now. Could it be that the technicians were unclear about a test result and just left it open? I would also want an explanation, but I suspect it's just a matter of semantics.
Wendy

17 years 1 week ago #5039 by mznoregrets
Hello,

Well, the port got installed yesterday and it went well. It is very tender and swollen. Myweight is up to 126 and I am almost done with vancomycin so I get a c diff test come Monday. Hope I pass this one! Monday is 1st chemo too - Gemzar Cisplatin. Mayo did send a packet of info by fed ex... from the oncologist up there. They want my scans etc done next month which will be 3 monthes from the last time they were done.

All in allI think I am holding up ok. I keep hearing how I have made a remarkable recovery from the surgery in spite of the c diff episodes, makes me feel like a champ. So now I am pep talking myself into getting the chemo done and behind me in the best form I can. Making goals and a plan:) Thanks for helping me get this far with my mind intact .

Thank you for all the support and messages, I will get more messgaes back out soon - when I can use my arm again! Love all

17 years 1 week ago #5019 by Mike
I was surprised to hear that mx meant metastasis undetermined. I was classified t2nomx and told that there was no metastasis. Now I am wondering.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne