anyone dealt with "C DIFF " during RC recovery?

17 years 3 weeks ago #4741 by Patricia
Hi Holly...glad you're getting stronger....its a long haul...at least it was for me but then i had 2 surgeries in 2 l/2 weeks so recovery much longer for me. When my son was in chemo they gave him ativan for nausea...very much the same family as xanax..a benzodiazapan. It works but can also make you sleepy.
Glad things are progressing so well.......Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 weeks ago #4739 by Rosemary
Holly,

I'm so glad that you are feeling better.

As far as anti-depressants go, depression does seem to go hand-in-hand with a cancer diagnosis. You sound pretty upbeat to me. However, if you should start feeling the need, then please take care of yourself by asking for some help.

It's very good to hear from you.

I am hoping that the Easter Bunny is good to you.

All my best,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 3 weeks ago #4736 by mznoregrets
HI friends :)
 Wanted to let you all know I am hanging in there. I did start adding yougurt to mydiet and also some probiotic drinks - they aren't too bad and seem to have helped. Daily things are getting easier, I shower and get dressed alone now :) The nurse comes by every few days - draws labs, gets supplies delivered and helps with questions too. Can't say as I feel like myself yet - I know it has onlybeen 3 weeks since r/c. We go back to Mayo'sMonday for cystogram, cath out !!!yeeehaaaa! and to get with oncologist about chemo. I do feel a bit nervous about chemo. Nurses keep asking if I am on any antidepressants , that it is common to be on them when being treated for cancer...is that true? I confess that Dr gave me a few zanex to deal with a few tests and said they are very low dose but will get the edge off if I get freaked out or cant sleep. Am I being ignorant or what? Please give input - I really have no desire for more distress.

Without trying to offend anyone may I offer Easter Greetings to those here who share the christian faith. My brother and his family are coming for the holiday - it has been years since we shared a holiday together and I intend to savor it! Bless you all! Holly

17 years 1 month ago #4607 by mznoregrets
Well, I guess I am glad to be a hefty Wisconsin girl - LOL..  ;D I was born 10pounds 1oz But have been tall and very thin ( size 0 -1 ) most of my life. I never pass on calories yet have stuggled to keep from getting jeans in the kids departments!

The yougurt and probiotics for the bowels sounds like good moves to me - thanks Pat  and everyone ;)

To everyone battling or empowering a loved one to trudge on - Bless you all - you are in my prayers too , Holly

17 years 1 month ago #4601 by Mike
I looked up Clur's weight. In USA, I believe she now weighs 98 pounds. I went down to 94 after my RC, but I am now up to 105. Guess that is 8 stones for UK. Correct me if I am wrong.

17 years 1 month ago #4600 by Ann_Rubin
Hi, Holly
Good luck with the recovery. My husband also had a nasty infection post RC and needed vancomicyn as he is allergic to Cipro and everything in that family like levaquin. He was hospitalized so he could get the meds through IV. He has just completed chemo and is slowly becoming himself. He is not large to start with and did lose weight. One thing that worked for him were smoothies. I started with full cream yogurt and added bananas or other fruit depending on potassium levels and bowel fluctuations. I added scoops of peanut butter and or ice cream. We forgot about cholesteral and just worried about packing in calories. This mixture seemed to go down ok. We also had "cocktail hours" with seven up (non-diet) and cheese and crackers, nuts and pretzels. It was easier eating in front of the fireplace or TV instead of the table. Snacks felt like more fun.

Take care and good luck. Life is waiting at the other end.
Sam/Ann

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne