anyone dealt with "C DIFF " during RC recovery?

16 years 11 months ago #5130 by Patricia
Claire........a pint of chocolate icecream mixed with Ensure......guaranteed to put on weight and tastes great!........ ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #5123 by clur
Hi Holly
You sound on top form I am so pleased the first chemotherapy session went OK.I can remember laying there thinking bring it on lets get this over with but at the same time almost waiting for the side effects to kick in.
It really sounds like your getting your head straight and that the doctors are getting you sorted out.
Take care
Lots of love Claire
ps send me some weight gain tips

16 years 11 months ago #5116 by Rosemary
Holly, you are a trooper.

And guess who loves you too!!

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 11 months ago #5112 by mznoregrets
Hey! 1st chemo is done - it sure went much better than I thought it would. The port was a Godsend...even not being fully healed up yet. Both the gemzar and cisplatin were done with all the rest of stuff. I am tired but ok. It took almost 5 hours. By the way - I weigh 127.4 now...I am tryin to gain wait. Love ya all, Holly

16 years 11 months ago #5090 by mznoregrets
Good Morning you beautiful friends,

Well, today is the day..I am 56 minutes from my 1st chemo treatment. Had to take a zanex to sleep last night. The port sure is tender yet, getting better but tender no less. We shall see and this too shall pass.

I am also done with vancomycin finally! Hopefully c diff test will not be far off. I understand chemo can bring it on too so I really want to be sure it is gone! 2 episodes was more than enough.

Just a few catch up thingees...lol. Pat, they are sure my leg has no blood clot. It is from the surgery and they are saying "nerves behave strangely" - it might/might not change - who knows. It gets frustrating trying to excercize it or trying to make it behave normally. When I get tired it is more obvious and makes me feel like a derelict.

Rosemary, my goodness, your poor little toes! They my friend are in my prayers:)

Wendy, I like the additions to the forum subjects. So glad you have a helper to address these very needed topics. I have figured out something I can do to contribute and I am very excited about it! I will PM you very soon once I have it all ready later this week:)

Claire - get that foot checked out! Just to be sure :)

Thank you for all the love and support - I gotsa get going tho - my ride will be here in 20 mins and I amin PJ's ! Love, Holly

16 years 11 months ago #5062 by Patricia
Well heck holly...call Indiana University Med Center .. they'll give you the universal protocal. How wierd. When my son was diagnosed with testicular cancer he went to see the doctor at Indiana Med who discovered the cure for this particular cancer...he was only too happy to share the protcol with my son and recommend that he do the chemo close to home for his own comfort but he also stated he wanted him to know exactly what he would be given and dosage amounts so that he could keep them honest...and if there were any problems then he was to head back to Indiana U. I remember talking to one of the surgeons there when i interviewed there for my cancer and he mentioned the gemzar and cisplatin plus a third drug i can't remember right now. But that was 4 yrs ago...things change. And it looks like your oncologist wants to do it right and is going to be in contact with Mayo....but just make sure you know what it is ahead of time. The nurses attend you..not the docs.......always a heads up approach.
I still have one area of neuropathy on my left leg...completely numb...and like i told you i got a pain down my inner thigh which comes back...but a chiropractor seemed to know the right thing to do to get the nerve off whatever it was pressing against. And i would just maybe ask the doctor about doing a doppler on the leg thats bothering you just to rule out a DVT. Thats not to alarm you because it probably isn't it...but i did have one in the hospital and all i remember was my leg felt like an elephants leg...i'm very hazzy on it as i was being plied with all kinds of pain killers and remember very little...i remember looking over at my husband at one point after a nurse brought in coumadin for me to take and i asked him why on earth i was being given that to which he told me about the DVT...and having regained some consciousness i said "They're supposed to treat that with 7 days of heparin first"..quite alarmed.....and he said " You've have been"........So i lost 7 days somewhere...I hope i went somewhere nice :D
I know the port hurts...my friend who had colon cancer had one implanted same place as yours and she said the chemo was nothing compared to the pain of that #$%^&*^^$# Port!!!!
So i wish you nothing but wellness and sunshine.............Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne