Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive

12 years 10 months ago #38149 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
I just wanted lilbit to stay positive and see my post "2 years cancer free". I also hope that everything is going OK with Chemo.

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #37876 by LilBit4
Replied by LilBit4 on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
Thanks Mike...didn't mean that you men didn't have veins. *lol* And I know oh so well that asking for directions is definitely a "man thingy"! ;)

Thanks also MotoMike and jimswife! Your posts help me realize that some of my minor issues are not uncommon. Will enjoy my time off from chemo in hopes the platelets get back to where they should be.

Again, my best wishes for a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

12 years 10 months ago #37853 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
Thanks for flying the flag, Mike! Thanks for the cheers as well same to you!

12 years 10 months ago #37852 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
Hi, Lilbit, so glad you are moving forward with the chemo. Yes, Jim had issues with his blood counts after the first 3 treatments. His oncologist chose to give him the cis/gem day 1, cis day 2 and then day 7 gemzar alone. I think that was how it went. Due to the sudden and very large drop in wbc and platelets so early on the decision to do the 3 treatments per cycle was established. Jim was given 2 weeks off when the first big drop came and there were never any other times when he needed to stop treatments. Jim was diagnosed 7/13/10 and had his RC/IC 8/12/10 and started chemo on 9/9/10. He moved fast and furiously with fighting what I refer to as "the b**tard cancer" just another way to say bladder cancer. Anyway, he as of right now is cancer free until proven otherwise! So, stay well and keep up the great job. BTW, Jim also had a few times when his vein was messed up. He actually asked the oncologist for a different nurse and then didn't have any other vein issues. He was on the cis/gem regime for 6 months so I think that's saying a lot! Take care, Lilbit and we are glad you are doing so well!

12 years 10 months ago #37851 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
I had 4 components in my Chemo so we were of different tracks. I do recall that my blood work was important to the mix for the next injection.

I was getting concerned so I’m glad you posted.
My flag is ready to fly for the weekend. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.
Cheers from my garden to yours!
:cheer:

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

12 years 10 months ago #37849 by mmc
Lilbit,

I don't think veins count as being a "female thingy" nor do questions. Contrary to popular belief, we males also have veins and arteries, and while we won't generally ask for directions, we have no problem asking for advice on cancer treatments. :)

Have a great weekend!!!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne