Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive

12 years 1 month ago #41150 by LilBit4
Replied by LilBit4 on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
Thank you Cynthia for taking the time to post and your good advice. I will have to continue to stay as positive as I can and hope that I can tolerate MVAC as well as I did the Cisplatin/Gemzar (prior to RC).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #41149 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
LilBit, I don't know if we have anyone around posting right now who has had MVAC but I know a lot who have had. I am a pro at chemo but not those drugs. You have been there before so you know that it will start out easy and get harder. Keep on top of your nausea meds take them before you need them. And report anything that does not feel right fast as with all chemo a cold can turn nasty quick. Food safety and super hygiene are top priority of course. The further you get into it keeping out of large groups and frequent hand washing while out. I am sure you know all of this but it doesn't hurt to brush up on these things they are so important.

I am not sure I have the answers but if you have them shoot at the very least we can try to find the answers together.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

12 years 1 month ago #41117 by LilBit4
Hey motomike! How are you doing??? Thanks for your suggestion...just might try that! From what I have read, MVAC is not tolerated as well as the chemo I had prior to RC (Cisplatin/Gemzar) but guess I really don't have a choice. Will do what I have to do!

Take care and thanks for posting!

p.s. Not having any problems with the bag procedures. I am using Cymed bags.

12 years 1 month ago #41116 by LilBit4
Hi Duke,
Thanks for posting and glad you are still around to do some "pulling for me"! :)

12 years 1 month ago #41109 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
Your can do attitude will serve you well in dealing with the bag procedures. I’m absolutely sure you will not have 5 thumbs on each hand as I did after my R/C.

I’m wondering if maybe posting with title line like “lymph nodes – chemo” might bring it to the attention of a different group of members? Just a thought.

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

12 years 1 month ago #41084 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
Hi, sorry about the nasty lymph nodes. I didn't need chemo after my R/C but have had a ton of chemo over the yrs and I am still here to tell about it. I hope you find the side effects few and are able to tolerate it. We will all be pulling for you.
Duke

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne