Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive

12 years 11 months ago #37713 by LilBit4
Replied by LilBit4 on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
Thanks Mike, Herb and BillM! Those homemade Reese's blizzards are definitely on my menu!

I am so blessed to have met all of you. My prayers will continue for all of you. (Herb...thank you for those prayers!)

Wishing everyone a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #37708 by BillM
Replied by BillM on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
Hello LilBit,

The sheets for the drugs are like a book, eh? Page after page of side effects for the two… It will become pretty routine going in for blood draws and treatment, for me it almost felt like and empty void in my week after we were all through, imagine that! And it did go by pretty fast. If you have a netbook or laptop and the clinic has a connection, you can keep us updated to break the boredom, it can get very boring during the treatments.

The tough choices you face ahead… chocolate, vanilla, or just go all the way and make up a home made mini Reese’s blizzard just to bulk up a little more!

Sounds like you have a very good oncologist so it should go by pretty fast. Just remember every step is closer to beating the cancer and being free again.

Bill

5.24.10 Final staging T2G3 7.28.10 Started Gemcitabine, Cisplatin neoadjunctive chemotherapy
11.2.10 RC with NEO 11.18.11 First year CT shows possible liver tumor
12.8.11 Confirmation of TCC BC mets to the liver 6.27.12 Final round of Dose Dense MVAC
7.26.12 Final scans showed no tumor or no...

12 years 11 months ago #37705 by Herb
Hey Little Bit:

This old padre will remember you in my prayers an ask that your next steps in your journey will be not ever be lonely ones and that you have the strength to bear all things.

Take Care,
Herb†

Age 72 had radical 9/11/10 have conduit everything is fine, grateful to be a cancer survivor. Lost Dad and Brother to Cancer both in their 50's.

12 years 11 months ago #37704 by mmc
Good luck with the chemo. Hope it goes as good as it gets. :)

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 11 months ago #37703 by LilBit4
Met with medical oncologist today. He was very compassionate, very thorough in his explanations of what was to come. In fact I would have appreciated it if he would have not cited all the side effects of Gemzar/Cisplatin! :S Sort of scares the heck out of you! But, guess they have to share all of it with you!
Sooooo, next week I shall begin my chemo. Am I looking forward to it! NO! Will I get thru it? YES!

Huggssss to all of you and thanks for letting me unwind tonight!

12 years 11 months ago #37702 by LilBit4
Thank you Duke! I believe it is the "fear of the unknown" that gets to me. However, it is my faith, family and reading posts from all of you here that has somewhat reduced that fear.

I know the journey ahead of me will not be an easy one, but I will try and stay as positive as I can, knowing that others have traveled this road and made it!!

Bless all of you!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne