Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive

12 years 6 months ago #39237 by Herb
Here's thinking about you; you are doing well, enjoy and take care.

Age 72 had radical 9/11/10 have conduit everything is fine, grateful to be a cancer survivor. Lost Dad and Brother to Cancer both in their 50's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #39236 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
Good work!! Now, just one step at a time....We'll be here rooting for you

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

12 years 6 months ago #39235 by LilBit4
Replied by LilBit4 on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
Hey BillM....well made it thru the chemo! Yeah!! The next thing on the agenda is a trip to John Hopkins on Sept. 22 for a cysto with Dr. Schoenberg. Guess he wants to take a look at the ole bladder!

Feeling good, but a little anxious as I know my surgery date will probably be first part of October. Some days I don't think about it and then there are still those days that I have to keep telling my brain to "stop thinking"! *lol*

Hope everyone here is doing well and gearing up for a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend!

12 years 7 months ago #38715 by BillM
Replied by BillM on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
Hey there lilbit!

Bet you thought you'd never get through chemo! Just take it one day at a time, tomorrow will be here soon enough. Being prepared for surgery seems impossible, everyone I talk to is not ready, but the day of checking in something happens in a good way. My biggest fear had to do with the outcome of the surgery itself and the first few days after. Hang in there, one more round of chemo and it’s done with.

Bill

5.24.10 Final staging T2G3 7.28.10 Started Gemcitabine, Cisplatin neoadjunctive chemotherapy
11.2.10 RC with NEO 11.18.11 First year CT shows possible liver tumor
12.8.11 Confirmation of TCC BC mets to the liver 6.27.12 Final round of Dose Dense MVAC
7.26.12 Final scans showed no tumor or no...

12 years 7 months ago #38714 by LilBit4
Replied by LilBit4 on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
Hey there motomike! Good to hear from you! And you are right...no surgery date yet. One more round of chemo starting on Aug.3rd. Not sure I am totally prepared for what is to come, but I am certainly trying! Thanks for those positive thoughts!

jimswife...thanks for those prayers and thoughts.

12 years 7 months ago #38704 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
I have a feeling that you are approaching surgery much better prepared than I was. Just remember- the Docs and staff are well versed in doing this. For you it is a strange new experience that will have a wonderful outcome. You husband’s background will be great help.

There will be a time when we will be out of touch with ICU and hospital recovery but just as soon as you feel up to it, send a note. I’m getting ahead of things. You don’t even have a date yet do you?

You will do fine and you will be back doing fall pruning in your garden as temperatures start cooling.

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne