Re-occurrence

14 years 8 months ago #27358 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Re-occurrence
Chuck there's quite a few articles if you look under "Articles of Interest" addressing this.....one is
www.urotoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view_ua&id=2223511
This one from Dr. Herr from MSK
www.bladdercancersupport.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=114&func=view&catid=31&id=25507
And this one
www.urotoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view_ua&id=2222773
Its free to register and access the articles.
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #27357 by cljjlk
Re-occurrence was created by cljjlk
Hey Gang,

Even though I have been coming here for over two years, I don’t always participate as often as perhaps I should. However; as in the past, when the chips are down we all seem to come back here for that personal support. I’m back for that support again.

I had my quarterly cysto yesterday and he found another tumor. This is the fourth reoccurrence since the initial diagnosis in 2005. My Uro. stated that from the visual it looked like it could be an early recurrence of a TA1 (as I have had in the past) or (here’s the kicker) an early CIS. I’m scheduled for my TURBT on Au. 25th. I will have to be patient and wait until then for the final diagnosis.

As you can imagine, I have a thousand questions and all kinds of fear running through my head. In any case I am going to do a bullet list of a few and I know I can depend you to either answer or send me to the right link that will answer my questions.

• I found a link here some months ago about a study that was going on that made a recommendation for patients that had three or more reoccurrences within a three to five year period. If I recall, the link was a lecture given by someone doing a study of non-invasive patients that had multiple reoccurrences. Does anyone remember the link?
• If it is found to be CIS, is the best treatment a full series of BCG? I had eight treatments of Mitomycin C last year after a TA1 tumor was found.
• Is it out of the norm to continue to have these reoccurrences? At what point do you go to a more aggressive treatment (beyond the BCG or Mitomycin)?

Thanks for your support

Chuck

dx - Aug 2005
Five reoccurences (last 12/09 Ta high grade)
BCG Started 10/09 (2 6wk treatment)
BCG Maintenance started 4/10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne