hoping for feedback on what is happening

15 years 3 months ago #23648 by Lady Jane
Replied by Lady Jane on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
Your driver bailed? The docs are passing you back and forth? Grrrrrr.:angry: If I could be there I would, in a heartbeat. Safe travelling and let us know when you get home. OK, I know thats much but sheesh, it worries me.:( Keep us posted.

Ta Grade 1
6 TURBS
15 BCG
dx Jan 07
The topic has been locked.
15 years 3 months ago #23644 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
Holly...since you mentioned this to me my first reaction is to rule out a gastro/intestional problem. It may be as simple..and lets hope so as GERD.....
Yellow stool can indicate that food is passing through the digestive tract relatively quickly. Yellow stool can be found in people with GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). Symptoms of GERD include heartburn, chest pain, sore throat, chronic cough, and wheezing. Symptoms are usually worse when lying down or bending. Foods that can worsen GERD symptoms include peppermint, fatty foods, alcohol, coffee, and chocolate.

Yellow stool can also result from insuffient bile output. Bile salts from the liver gives stool its brownish color. When bile output is diminished, it often first appears as yellow stool. If there is a greater reduction in bile output, stool lose almost all of its color, becoming pale or grey.

If the onset is sudden, yellow stool can also be a sign of a bacterial infection in the intestines.

hugs......pat
15 years 3 months ago #23643 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
Hi Holly!

Sorry to hear things are not too good for you at the moment. I really hope you can knock some sense into those doctors of yours and get the results you need.
My first thought, not that I am a qualified doctor you understand, is anaemia.
A simple blood test can address that. Not sure about the other symptoms though.

Anyway - keep your chin up and along the lines of Karen: "Don't accept No from someone not authorised to say YES" - or something like that!

((((hugs))))

Anne
xxxx
15 years 3 months ago #23642 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
Hi,

Well, I have called the gp and the oncologist...gp says to call oncologist..and oncologist says to call the gp.So I am going to major center to see a gp there this afternoon. While I am there, I am popping in to my urologist to find out what he thinks.and my driver bailed so I am going alone.
The onco does not think this is a cancer problem. The gp thinks the onco should see me and run tests to be sure it is not a cancer prob before I am refered to the gp.I told them both SOMEONE must do something as this is not acceptable and has been brewing a while. Frankly Scarlet,I do not even care WHO treats me as long as one of my herd of Drs does. I bet none of them could diagnose my frustration at this point!
I really don't think this problem is petty...I am in PJs half the time from feeling exhausted, I can barely eat 1 time a day and I usually vomit atleast 1/3 the time, my bowels are acting very weird, I am afraid to drive. Am I really overreacting?
Off to major center - it is 2 hour drive each way so I likely won't be on until late.
Thanks for the room to vent and get input.
15 years 3 months ago #23637 by Lady Jane
Replied by Lady Jane on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
Get those MRIs done and fight for them to be done right away. Perhaps you should not drive witout someone being with you or someone else doing the driving. It would be terrible if you had an accident and hurt yourself or someone else. At least not drive until you get to the bottom of the exhaustion.
It must be hard for you and I have nothing to offer except a cyber hug and cyber shoulders to lean on.
Please take care and keep us posted.

Ta Grade 1
6 TURBS
15 BCG
dx Jan 07
15 years 3 months ago #23630 by mznoregrets
hoping for feedback on what is happening was created by mznoregrets
Hi,

I posted this in the discussion area and I want to post it here too if it is ok. I am hoping for some feedback and suggestions. Thank you.

This morning I am realizing some things that I don't think I have been able to face before. Yesterday something happened that I can't explain, and now my family knows something is very off too.
Yesterday I went to the office supply store to get some faxes sent out. I intended to do a few more errands but I suddenly felt very tired so I decided to go home instead. Next thing I know - I am in the garage and behind the wheel with the car still running and my son is tapping on the window asking if I am ok. Apparently I fell asleep right there or something. He is freaked out - what if he had not been home? WHat if I had closed the garage door before turning off the car? I came inside the house and went straight to bed. I slept the rest of the afternoon, most of the evening and most of the night. And I still feel exhausted.
In November I started having ascites on my MRI. They did not feel they needed to investigate in any way. Since then my appatite has dropped and I usually just eat potatoes or rice cereal once a day. It helps reduce the vomitting. I have had a UTI and just finished a week of Cipro but I think I may still have infection as the hot and cold flashes started again about a day after I finished the script. As far as the exhaustion, about half the time I do not even get out of my PJs. I usually sleep alot on and off and seem to have days and nights mixed up at times. Much of the time I am damn near out of breath even when I have not exerted myself. Other odd things are off too.
Today I am calling my Drs - there is the urologist, the oncologist and the general practitioner. Chances are all 3 will say to call the other - that run around is so old. But someone is going to have to deal with this asap. I am going to push for moving up my next round of MRIs, labs etc. as we must get to the bottom of this now.
On the emotional side - I am afraid of what is happening. My world has become smaller with all the issues going on and I am not ready to give up driving. My family is freaked out and that adds to my own freak out. I am scared enough to get in my drs faces and demand some definitive plan to sort this out and not settle for less. I am afraid of what has changed and what it means.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne