hoping for feedback on what is happening

15 years 1 month ago #24439 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
I am locking this topic as it is getting so long please start a new one if you like.

Thanks Cynthia

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society
The topic has been locked.
15 years 1 month ago #24436 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
Holly,

Thanks for the update. You are one AMAZING woman. Card enroute to you...something to look forward to...when mostly what we see is bills and junk mail...hope it refreshes the spirit. You are an eternal optimist but I know you are human and your days must be very challenging. Keep the faith.
Hugs, Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright
15 years 1 month ago #24432 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
Holly - So glad you had a fantastic holiday! Hope the other issues will get sorted soon.

Anne
15 years 1 month ago #24429 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
Hi,
Thank you for the thoughts and prayers...

Turns out the endoscopy showed I have Barretts esophagus fortunately without dysplasia...so it could have been worse. I go to that dr on Wednesday for prescription meds and I'll have to do another endoscopy in 6 months.

The oncologist has ordered the scans although he does not feel we will learn much from them. My questions about why I have ascites in the first place, how do we know if they are worse or not, and asking the same about the enlarged lymphnodes are still mostly unanswered. So I met with my urologist just a few days later...

He feels there are only 3 reasons for the urologic problems I am having. First is infection...We did a cathed sample which showed no infection, but it did show that I am dropping moderate ammounts of red blood again. The second reason is old age...LOL I am 44 though I prefer to say 29 :) And the third is malignancy. So he is going to do a scope of the neo and flow tests to check things out. Basically I do not know much more than before, but I am hoping we figure out something from these tests. It is cruel to have to cath once or twice a day, but leak at night. He did give me Detrol LA to try so I can sleep hopefully more at night. I have not tried it yet - seems unatural to take overactive bladder meds when I only have a FAKE bladder !

Other than than that I am about the same. Cancun was fabulous!!! I want to go back asap!!
God bless us all, Holly
15 years 1 month ago #24427 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
Holly, dear...what is the latest? I know you were wanting new information; you probably feel that "no news" is not necessarily good news...but perhaps the doctors really just do not know what to say. Hoping to hear from you soon. Prayers and hugs comin' at ya. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright
15 years 2 months ago #24181 by junebug
Replied by junebug on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
I am no expert, but be sure that you are staying hydrated while all this is going on. It is very easy when you have no appetite to stop getting sufficient fluids as well, and dehydration can cause a lot of subtle problems which might be complicating your medical picture.

I too HATE the runaround. I complained to a urologist friend of mine that the doctors seem to expect you to know which of the three or four treaters you are supposed to call with a particular problem (gp? urologist? chemo oncologist? radiation oncologist?). He appears to have never thought of that before. Duh.

Hope you are doing better.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne