hoping for feedback on what is happening

15 years 2 months ago #24047 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
Dear Holly,

Great to hear that you will be flying off to Cancun. I love Mexico too and can recall the long balmy days of swinging in a hammock sipping pina colada's and reading many books.

I wish for you long sunny days of barmy weather and relaxing days cuddled up to your hubby.

Thinking of you on this journey and wish you love and peace...

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum
The topic has been locked.
15 years 2 months ago #24042 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
Holly, I am so glad the Zofran is letting you eat. We were told it was the best medication for nausea. I know it helped Dick.
Have a great time in Cancun pack up your worries and leave them behind. Hugs, Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC
15 years 2 months ago #24039 by SandyMc
Replied by SandyMc on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
Holly, I am sooooooo glad to hear you are off for a much needed vacation! Five days of pampering and sunny skies will do wonders. It sounds like you are feeling a bit better but I know you are concerned about test results......that seems to be one of the worst times for us all!

Take good care and have a great vacation, Holly.....you certainly deserve it!!
Sandy
15 years 2 months ago #24029 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
Hi again and thank you for the prayers, advice and support. Sometimes all this "stuff" feels overwhelming and surreal.

Well, I have met with the gastro dr last week and today we did endoscopy and some other test for swallowing. The Dr told me he was going to just look around and he would be done with it in 5 mins. I asked about biopsies and he said only if he finds something. I really felt patronized to be truthful. Turns out I woke up in recovery almost 3 hours later. He apparently found something and did take several biopsies.
The 2nd procedure was distressing as it was very uncomfy. But she eventually got the tube up my nose and did the swallowing test. She said I have a defect but would not elaborate any further. I am to have the results of today in 4 days. So that lovely wait is going on again.
The zofran has been a tremendous help in eating - I have more no puke days now :) The sleeping - or rsther not sleeping - situation is unchanged. I have not cathed & bagged or diapered up & medicated yet. The last few nights I have woke up wet even if I had just voided an hour and 15 minutes before. Also the pathologic lymphnode is now swelling more into my pubic area and it hurts when I sit or bend - the skin gets very taut and cuts into the swelled area. I will call the uro tomarrow about it and hopefully I will not get a run around. Overall I am doing ok really I think.

On a very pleasant note....On Feb 15th the hubby and I are FINALLY going on that overdue honeymoon to Cancun B) for 5 glorious nights! I refuse to worry or fret. All I need to do is soak up the warmth and enjoy the uninterupted pleasure of being Mrs !!

Forgive me that I have not posted on so many of the threads the last few weeks...Things here are hectic and many times I at a loss for right words. My prayers are thoughts are filled with my forum family though. God Bless, Holly
15 years 2 months ago #23858 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
Hey, Rocky...I had one of those things, too! They put in a bile duct stent. But had to take it out in the ER a couple of days later. The doc then said, "Cut all your fat intake to less that 30% of your calories." Being the OCD type person I am, I went to less than 15%, and it helped.

I was finally diagnosed with something called "cyclic vomiting syndrome", and think it might have been from shellfish. Haven't had symptoms since then, and I really want to challenge that shellfish thingie when I get some nerve up.

Stephany in Iowa
15 years 3 months ago #23849 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic hoping for feedback on what is happening
Hi Holly, Just a thought. are they going to do a ercp test. I had alot of nauesa and bowel problems for several years. They finally sent me to a gastro Dr. who did the ercp. He found out I had sphincter of odi disfuntion. The bile duct valve was almost shut. They went in and opened it back up and for the first time in along time I didn't have an upset stomach.( the bile backs up into the stomach) I pray that you get some answers and help soon. Love from Rocky
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne