Neo bladder infections

13 years 9 months ago #32970 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Neo bladder infections
Its just that the "usual" cause of UTI's is not expelling all that is in your bladder or backup caused by the mucus...You should be checked if you haven't already to see what you do empty and then how much residual is still left. I know i had that test 6 weeks after my i was on my own with the Indiana.
Just a thought......Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #32968 by FarRed
Replied by FarRed on topic Neo bladder infections
Why would I be cathing? Everything is working normally. The doctors said I would only have to cath if I was I was having trouble expelling mucus.

Bladder cancer diagnosed Mar, 2010.
Robotic assisted laproscopic cystoprostatectomy with Studer neo-bladder, 2010.
UMC Tucson

13 years 9 months ago #32967 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Neo bladder infections
Farred....are you cathing on a regular basis..?
. Urinary retention in neobladder is considered the important factor for development of urinary tract infection..so if they haven't taught you how to do it find a stoma nurse and learn the procedure.
pat

13 years 9 months ago #32965 by FarRed
Neo bladder infections was created by FarRed
I'm curious what others' experiences are with neo-bladder infections.

I'm two months post new bladder and three weeks off my maintenance antibiotics, and have already had two infections. After being off the maintenance antibiotics for only a few days, I managed to get an infection. I am guessing it was partially due to mucus buildup (I cut out milk/caffeine since then), but it also told me the drugs were only keeping a latent infection at bay.

I just acquired another infection that put me in bed. The doctors have been careful about diagnosing the correct drug based on the lab results. I hope this isn't going to be a regular thing, although I understand neos are more prone to this.

Mike's remedy of Tanqueray and tonic sounds interesting, but I'm not a gin man.

Bladder cancer diagnosed Mar, 2010.
Robotic assisted laproscopic cystoprostatectomy with Studer neo-bladder, 2010.
UMC Tucson

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne