surgery over

16 years 8 months ago #7496 by New2This
Replied by New2This on topic surgery over
I don't think we ever had a stage before this - there was a "suspicious" lymph node, but absolutely nothing to warn us about the prostate cancer. He even had a prostate biopsy on 7-25-07 which was negative. I don't have much faith in PSA tests or maybe even biopsies anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #7484 by worrieddaughter
Replied by worrieddaughter on topic surgery over
New2this...what was your husband's diagnosis going into surgery? My moms was T2 and another said stage 3.

16 years 8 months ago #7462 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic surgery over
Dear New2This,

Minimal lymph node involvement can be cured by the surgery alone, and chemo is the back up. Believe it or not it takes some time before a cancerous lymph node leaks into the blood stream and takes hold to a major organ (M+ or distant mets). I know two women personally who are 7+ yrs down the road with a similar diagnosis as your husband. Both had their bladders removed, one had chemo first, the other after surgery.

Keep the faith.

BTW...I had major lymph node involvement with breast cancer and didn't expect to be alive 7 yrs later myself...but I is....treatments were tough but there is a light at the end of the tunnel...

16 years 8 months ago #7444 by New2This
Good luck from us!

16 years 8 months ago #7437 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic surgery over

Hasn't happened yet....tomorrow's the day. The surgeon never got back to us in the hospital, so we just came home, and I figured I'd let the surgeon tell him tomorrow.

Wish us luck!

Stephany in Iowa

16 years 8 months ago #7430 by New2This
Thanks Zach, we needed that hope about now.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne