surgery over

16 years 7 months ago #7592 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic surgery over
Let me know how this goes. My husband has the same recommendation, and we had the staples out this week. Took a lot out of him, and he's still really tired.

Stephany in Iowa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #7591 by New2This
Replied by New2This on topic surgery over
My husband had his staples and stents removed today. No real problems, just a little oozing from a small section of the wound that we will have to pack for a couple of weeks while it heals from the inside.

Chemo recommendation is a 9 week course of Gemzar and cisplatin and they want to start in about 3 weeks. We are going to look for a closer location to do this, if at all possible. This has been a whirlwind 2 weeks.

16 years 8 months ago #7510 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic surgery over
Yuck to the gunk on the uterus and the cheeseburgers around Dave's bladder....Eeuw.

I'm thinking that gunky uterus/uterii could be due to fibroids which can also grow on the outside. Maybe a uro-surgeon doesn't see this all the time and doesn't know the scientific name- fibroid gunk.
w

16 years 8 months ago #7501 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic surgery over
I think I can one up the "gunk" comment...my doc told me the surgery took a bit longer than he expected as he had to deal with a couple of old "cheesburgers" he found in there. He was so serious, and I was so loopy on morphine when he told me, I went blonde and asked him "did you really find cheesburgers in there? I didn't think that would be possible after drinking and cleansing before surgery". He laughed a bit and told me no, but there was fat to deal with that was undoubtedly there from more than a few cheesebugers. Six, almost seven weeks post op...I've only had one burger since then.

Dave S

16 years 8 months ago #7498 by worrieddaughter
Replied by worrieddaughter on topic surgery over
Did the doctor not give you any indication about the prostrate immediately after surgery? Our doc keeps going on about how huge the uterus was and that there was GUNK (very scientific) on the outside of it. He acted like it was nothing but I'm not so sure. Wish I could be more positive. Not sure why I keep thinking the worst.

16 years 8 months ago #7497 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic surgery over

I do remember during an early consultation, while I was trying to wrap my head around all the doctor was telling me and the room seemed like it was spinning and I was growing lightheaded, thinking that, at the very least, no more prostate exams was definitely a plus.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne