Going in for neobladder Dec. 16

14 years 3 months ago #29578 by kcnorthstar
Replied by kcnorthstar on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
Duke,

Its hard not to be impatient about something like this, but it sounds to me like your recovery is pretty much on normal course. As the other guys have stated, leakage at this stage of the game is normal. I leaked pretty bad when my cathiter was taken out, especially at night. It slowly improved over several weeks. Hang in there. Things will improve a little each day.

KC

Age 59
DX Jan 2006 - T1B G3
RC - Neobladder June 2006
The topic has been locked.
14 years 3 months ago #29572 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
Duuuuuuuuude! You ARE impatient. Expecting anything other than what you are experiencing with leakage right now is all that can be expected.

As Rudy said, keep up the kegels (and other exercises if the doctor gave you any). It takes a while for day-time. Usually, the pads are enough for day time and stick to the schedule with frequency of emptying.

It will all be under control in a while. Four weeks to eight weeks is the normal range (unless you are like Rudy who broke all records). It should get a little better every couple of days.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...
14 years 3 months ago #29570 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
:) Glad to hear you've gotten rid of some hardware. After only two days I would not worry too much about leakage. I just if it is really bad use the male diapers, particularly at night. If it is not too bad during the day use male pads. Make sure you do those kegle exercises a lot. You will see a little improvement in a week and after that if you are like me I saw marked improvement after 2 and 1/2 weeks.

Like I said I'm 8 weeks out yesterday and sleep without protection now and use a pad during the day just for a little leakage. I am not a patient person either, but things will improve from here on out and you will feel terrific in no time.

Rudy
14 years 3 months ago #29567 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
Yesterday, Got one more tube out, other will probably come out Friday. Feel like i'm close to turning corner if i don't have any set backs. Leaking is a little frustrating, any advice here would be helpful. Whats it beentwo days ago i got cath out; I told you i was not a patience person.
Thanks, Duke
14 years 3 months ago #29552 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
Thanks Mike. still have one flash tube out my waist from neo. may come out today, and a tube with a little suction bottle. out hopefully today too.
as much as I'd like to be in control,I've learned in the past that i need to have a little more patience.
Thanks again. Duke
14 years 3 months ago #29546 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
Duke,

What tubes do you still have in? Usually (at least I think) the catheter is the last thing to come out. Do you still have drain tubes (plural)?

When I got mine, I had one drain tube and it came out after about 7-10 days. I was still in the hospital due to an ileus complication. They also removed the tubes that went into the kidneys before I went home and I only had the catheter in when I went home. My wife took the catheter out at home when they said it was time.

If you have a bunch of other tubes, I can certainly understand increased frustration.

It gets a little better every day. :)
Hope whatever tubes you do have come out soon.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne