Going in for neobladder Dec. 16

14 years 3 months ago #29545 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
Thanks each and everyone for your kind words and advice!!!
I did make it to Dr. today. Timing was good cause this morning i sprong a leak in stitches, some kind of blister or something thats going to take a couple weeks to heal. Not for the wimp i am at this kind of stuff, but it is what it is and i'll get through it. Didn't get all tubes out like i hoped, got cath out, check back tomorrow for others.
Digestive track is starting to work a little,so thats a plus. I may be kidding my self but it feels like i have some control over my neo already???
I'm not ready to do any yard work but all in all nota bad day.
All of the kind words and advice is a great help. THANKS
Duke
The topic has been locked.
14 years 3 months ago #29544 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
:S Yah I will never forget my day... I've an interesting story to tell but I will wait until I find out how Dukel makes out with his removal first. You will not believe what happened to me. Will elaborate after Dukel tells his story.

Later
Rudy
14 years 3 months ago #29543 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
Rudy, we are all different, but all the same.........CANCER FREE!!!!!!

I will remember June 15th (catheter removal day) the rest of my life.

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #29542 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
:) Hey guys and Jim, While I am getting up often at night, in the past week I've only had two small leaks. I call that success particularly since I will only be post Op 8 weeks tomorrow.

Anyway I know everyone is different and I also am aware that I will be extending my sleep time as I get more volume out of my Neo. But I will also add that every one is different, I normally had to pee often before I had the operation. I eat a lot of fruit and veges and that seems to make one (Me) unirinate more often.

I guess all I am saying is that anyone going through this operation will progress/improve at different rates but will non-the-less have a much improved life style and cancer free.

As for the Catheter and stints, I had them all removed at the same time. Operated on Nov 11 and all that stuff GLADLY removed on Nov 30th.

All the best
Rudy
14 years 3 months ago #29540 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
Duke
You are doing FINE!
I know all of the tubes coming out will make a BIG difference mentally. You know then, that you are on the road to recovery. The incontinence issue is merely a pain in the neck. Well, a pain somewhere else. But, it is NOT such a big deal. I am 16 months out and I am fine all day; and most nights. I still have those nights where I suddenly am awakened by a few drops that start when I am truly relaxed. And then, quick as a flash, I am in the bathroom.
But even this is only a self inflicted condition. I am trying to stretch the night to a one stop affair. Sometimes I fail. But it is NO BIG DEAL!
We talk about this incontinence issue as if it was something of importance. It is no issue at all. If you work at it, the problem will lessen and accidents will be spaced farther and farther apart.

The Big picture is; You want to be cancer free. keeping Depends profitable is just my contribution to the cause.

Keep up the good work! You are doing fine.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]
14 years 3 months ago #29537 by kcnorthstar
Replied by kcnorthstar on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
Jim,
I also mean no disrespect, but I disagree with you about going every 2 hours as not being continent. If you are not leaking in between voiding, that is continent. I am 3 and a half years out with my neo and I void about every 2 to 3 hours day and night. I never leak durring the day, and only a slight leak once in a while at night. My neo just doesnt hold as much as my original equipment. I have totally adjusted to getting up every 2 to 3 hours at night. Having to go every 2 to 3 hours is an awfully small price to pay for beating cancer.
Everyone responds a little differently to a neobladder, and has to make small adjustments to there life.

KC

Age 59
DX Jan 2006 - T1B G3
RC - Neobladder June 2006
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne