Going in for neobladder Dec. 16

14 years 4 months ago #29248 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
Duke, OUR BEST wishes are with you. You have all the pieces in place....FAMILY Support......A good Surgeon..... and US!
We will certainly be talking a LOT in the next few weeks!
Life Will Change after this surgery, but, normalcy will come back.
Just a thought.... After Surgery, and after your first walk, Look at yourself and remember we all have had this moment. I know it will at first look like a SCI-Fi moment. Tubes and bags and scars. Your first feeling will be quite depressing. BUT, Think of this line...."If only my friends could see me now! I AM the BIONIC MAN and they have built me 'Stronger, Faster , Better than before' I AM Better"

It is kind of a revealing moment we"ve all had, and we all will remember as a defining monent. You WILL get better, and you will remember these moments as growth experiences and soon as great comedy.... Nothing works so good as laughing at one's self.
Good Luck from the other side of the country.
George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]
The topic has been locked.
14 years 4 months ago #29245 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
Best of luck tomorrow. You should be home for Christmas.

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan
14 years 4 months ago #29244 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
Once again I just want to thank everyone for all the kind words. I have also been reading many of your personal posts and blogs and have both enjoyed and been touched by your stories. I have been through previous cancers, and while i wouldn't recommend them, I have always been amazed by the journey and the kindness of peoples hearts. I have always told people not to miss the education along the way. I'm really trying to follow my own advice. Have also been able to garner some useful info. from this site, I'm sure i will be looking for more next few weeks. Don't know if i will be to busy to post anything tomorrow, ( i got a great prep kit for xmas today, so may be busy playing with it:) so if not i will post as soon as my mind and body allow.
thanks everyone!
14 years 4 months ago #29238 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
Duke,

I just wanted to chime in before you had to leave us for a bit. This is coming from a five foot nothing card carrying pansy who has been there and done that;this is doable. The hardest part for me was waiting to go in for the surgery. Once you wake up there are two things you can do to help yourself. As soon as they let you walk, walk, walk it will help you get everything going again. The other is to get a mind set that everyday is one day closer to being well again.
As soon as you can let us know how you are doing. We will be here for you as you as your journey continues.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society
14 years 4 months ago #29236 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
Wishing you all the very best with your op on the 16th..

Kind Regards
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum
14 years 4 months ago #29231 by LeeH
Replied by LeeH on topic Going in for neobladder Dec. 16
Duke,

I don't think there is one thing you can experience in this process - and it is a process - that a number of us haven't already had or gone thru.

Knowledge is control and we have alot of combined knowledge and experience. I can't tell you how many times, after I found this group (which was some months after my neo), I saw the explanations and solutions to various issues I had been experiencing. My reaction was always the same " Sure woulda' been nice to know that before now!"

Now you get know what we learned along the way!

LeeH
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne