Back In Hospital

16 years 3 months ago #12578 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Back In Hospital
Joe,

Gene and I were wondering why we hadn't heard from you. So sorry to hear about this infection. I just e-mailed you to see what you were up to, I thought you must have got a part time job, but no, your at the hospital, take care get better, and get home,, Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #12572 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Back In Hospital
Joe,

God bless your heart and bod! I'm so surprised :o and sorry to hear of this latest development as I know you are always doing your darndest to keep everything clean. I know if you figure out the cause that you will share that info with the rest of us. Praying you will soon be turned loose from the hospital and back resting at home. Take care, Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

16 years 3 months ago #12570 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Back In Hospital
Wendy this is the craziest thing that has happened to me so far. Yes I am up at Penn and they found the source with a test like an endoscopy except the camera looks at the heart. Before this one I had an echo cardiogram but the the images I guess were not clear enough. And on the kidney it is an absyss that was 4.9 cm but the antibiotics shrunk it down to 2.2 cm so that is good. The last set of blood cultures so far are staying negative and if negative tomorrow they will put a PICC line in and probably send me home but I will need 6 more weeks of antibiotics go figure. I will get Home Health plus my good old wife who is a nurse so hopefully all should go well. It will just be nice to be home in my own bed get the meds and take it from there thanks for your reply doll. LoL Wendy most dogs and I have always had one drink their water out of the toilet. I had to lmao when you said new avatar and nausea with the dog drinking from the toilet. Cheers, Joe ;)

16 years 3 months ago #12555 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Back In Hospital
Dear Joe,

I was just signing on to forward the PM I received from your wife Lorrie. The forum was down for the last few days and we switched servers (and address, so update the link!). I'm sorry I didn't get to forward Lorrie's message before, but glad you are able to be here yourself, posting.

That really stinks that you have MRSA! How the heck....? And the cyst on the kidney..will this bombardament of antibiotics help that? Are you now in UPenn with your buddy the doctor?

I see from your new atavar you must be suffering from nausea on top of all this, so sorry to hear it. I always say I'd trade nausea for good, old-fashioned pain any time.

Let's hope that starting off the new year with a bang means things will become only better and more gentle for you.

I wish you well, get well fast.
Wendy

16 years 3 months ago #12552 by fearandfight
Back In Hospital was created by fearandfight
Last Sunday a week ago I ended back in a hospital near me. I started runing a fever on Friday going back and forth and Sunday it spike to 103.8. They found the infection at this hospital but then they came across a 5 cm abysss on my kidney. At this hospital now they didn't know what to do so my wife and this hospital were trying to get me be transferred to the Univ of Penn since it was now a urological issue as well. It was now time to get back to Penn to see my buddy Dr. Malkowicz. Anyway it turned out I had MRSA in my blood and dang I got no idea how the hail this happened. They been running blood cultures some came back positive then others negative. The other day I thought I was there one bottle out of 4 was positive. Today so far so good knock on wood this last set of cultures going on 48 hrs now is neg.so far. If it stays that way I will get a PICC line and hopefully get out of here in a day or two. I have a mid line in now but from that chemo my veins are totally shot. I'll tell you it seems if it ain't one thing it's another like Rosanna always said, I can't believe I'm going through this crap. Well take care all and I will update if anything changes as always thanks for your support hope all is well with you guys. Cheers, Joe ;)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne