Back In Hospital

16 years 2 months ago #13000 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Back In Hospital
Yeah I always go about Cathing myself as sanitary as I can and try to empty the best I can ( they should insert a little meter lol ). But what I been told no matter how careful you are when you are inserting any foreign object into your body on a daily basis you are proned to getting UTI's or infections and Yes I know some folks never got any all. Now I also been told because I had 2 UTI's and now this MRSA in my blood it does mean I will have on going events of this cause I been asking alot of questions about this stuff. There are days man I just get fed up with this whole ordeal. I don't care how positive you try to think this cancer sucks. But here I am another day pushing on all I can do. Cheers, Joe ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #12998 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Back In Hospital
joe, It is good to hear that you are not running any fevers. Now that you mention it we had to cut back to one a day on the Vanco because Dick's levels were high. Hope you are feeling better also. MRSA seems to be more and more common. I think some hospitals may have gotten a little blasé about it because they see it so frequently. I keep seeing articles about how to remind hospital staff to wash their hands between each patient.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

16 years 2 months ago #12995 by mikeg
Replied by mikeg on topic Back In Hospital
Sorry to hear you're back in the hospital...as if you haven't gone through enough already. My only input is that I was instructed to fully empty my bladder to avoid infection..but I'm sure you know and do that.

Good Luck,
Mike

Michael
Age 58
Stage T2-T3, muscle invasive
Married to Eileen
2 sons, ages 20 and 23

16 years 2 months ago #12986 by fearandfight
Julie except for that first weekend and one day in the hospital I stopped running fevers and that was good news. I am now just getting one dose of Vancomycin in the AM because my level is high. They will be be back this Tues. 1/29 to to do another blood sample. This is the craziest thing I been thru so far as far as an infection goes I still don't think they really know where it came from, even my surgeon tends to agree with this but meantime I got it and it sucks. Joe ;)

16 years 2 months ago #12817 by fearandfight
Stephany I get 2 IV's a day at home Vicomycin. Now since I will be getting these IV's till 2/22/08 I much rather be home then in the hospital lol, no one in their right mind wants to be in the hospital. And the irrigating is not only good for the mucous in the pouch but also a way of keeping it clean so they tell me. Cheers, Joe ;)

16 years 2 months ago #12758 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Back In Hospital
Joe, how are you doing? Are you still getting the IV's? And how many times a day? Can you move around during, or are you stuck?

And culturing anything? How often do they check? Are you glad to be home and getting the drugs, or would you rather be in the hospital for all of this?

I'm glad you made that point about irrigating. I'm going to remind my husband of that. Right now, he's trying to get used to tossing a catheter everytime he uses it. It's very difficult for him, but I keep reminding him of the infection he just got over.

I hope you are doing well.

Stephany in Iowa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne