Back In Hospital

16 years 3 months ago #12639 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Back In Hospital
Julie not as of yet I been eating pretty good and things taste fine to me. If I didn't have my wife here I would of paid more attention cause I'm sure I could do this but if she is here she is going to do it anyway so it doesn't matter, married 37 years I know her like a book lol. Cheers Julie, Joe ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #12636 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Back In Hospital
I only saw the Home Health nurse once when she trained me to give the Vancomycin and I am not a nurse. Have you had any side effects from the Vancomycin. It ruined my husbands appetite and taste buds and it was difficult to find things he could eat. The weight loss was good for him but it was much too fast.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

16 years 3 months ago #12634 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Back In Hospital
Yup if it wasn't for bad luck I have no luck at all. I got the Home Heath Infusion Care that comes now. I don't know if they will come once or twice probably once since my wife is a nurse and she she has ran a couple of treatments in me already. I'm getting vancomycin also twice a day. Nice having a nurse for a wife because when the the nurse was explaining things I was kinda of dosing off long day because I knew my wife was getting the info and she being doing anyway lol. ;). These infectious health care Dr's wow what a strange bunch they are like the ghost busters of bladder cancer infections lol. Well I will be getting these IV's till like 2/22/08 so a little ways to go yet but nice being home getting them, I just pray now nothing else goes wrong. Also I was told this is good idea to irrigate your pouch whether it needs it or not just to keep it clean and sanitary. I still have to irrigate most times anyway so it doesn't much matter to me. Cheers, Joe ;)

16 years 3 months ago #12626 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Back In Hospital
Hey, Joe....what bad luck! My husband is finally home after a week of IV treatments for an infection. They finally found something to kill it, but he can't take the oral (Bactrim), so we had to wait for clear cultures on IV.

Are yours still clear?

Good luck!

Stephany in Iowa

16 years 3 months ago #12606 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Back In Hospital
Hi Joe: Sorry to hear of your nasty set back..but it is good you got to U of Penn where you are more comfortable with your care. I am praying you are home in no time and with your wife's care you'll have this behind you. You can do it, I know you can....Take Care, Sandra

Sandra
"Grandmothers are just antique little girls...."

16 years 3 months ago #12604 by lisaloo
Replied by lisaloo on topic Back In Hospital
Sorry to here your not well.Hope your feeling on top form again soon.
Love Lisa x

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne