Back In Hospital

16 years 3 months ago #12597 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Back In Hospital
I hope your journey through MRSA goes well. My husband seems to have come out the other side although we were told it can be intransigent. He was sent home after a week in the hospital with a PICC line and vancomycin by infusion that I was taught how to do by the Home Health Nurse. He has an abscess next to his left kidney which was were his MRSA was found as well as the urinary tract. We found out to day the abscess is still present but the last culture did not show anything but yeast which we are told is everywhere.
Your fever went really high I expect you were out of it at 103. Dick continued to run fevers for almost a month and we went into preventative mode by giving him Tylenol around the clock as he got delirious at any temp over 99.5. We learned it was because it was a urinary tract infection and he is elderly. So now he is officially elderly as he has the medical issues to prove it. ;-)

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #12595 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Back In Hospital
Sorry to hear of this setback Joe. Hopefully you are on the mend and sounds like you are in good hands. Take care, you will be home soon.
Maria xx

16 years 3 months ago #12591 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic Back In Hospital
Hell JOE AFTER WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN THUE, YOU WILL KICK THE NECK OUT THAT DARN THING. bUT JUST IN CASE mY HOPES AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU. ;D DON

Hanging in there!

16 years 3 months ago #12586 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Back In Hospital
Hang in there, Joe. I'm pulling for you that you get home soon!!!

Your bud,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 3 months ago #12583 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Back In Hospital
Yep they found the source there was a sligth tear in one of my heart valves and somehow the the infection picked to settled there and that's how it it got my blood. I still can't believe this crap is happening to me. Oh well things happen I just hope I don't gotta go through this again. Thanks for all your replys folks. Cheers, Joe ;)

16 years 3 months ago #12580 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Back In Hospital
Well thats certainly a bummer......i certainly hope they determine the source..nasty little bug...bad bug! Get well soon Joe..........Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne