Neo bladder question

16 years 5 months ago #10341 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Neo bladder question
Hi Irish Guy....(I'm half irish)...
I don't have a neo but an Indiana and the same problem can occur...i think rule of thumb is to empty before you have more than 500cc's in there. I know when i was sent home i was given a plastic measuring device so i could kind of compare my input to my output and my pouch usually lets me know when it has to much in there with cramping.
I do know of an instance of a man that my surgeon had to do a revision on who was holding l600 cc's in a neo......apparently a big beer drinker!!
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #10335 by irishguy
Replied by irishguy on topic Neo bladder question
Thanks Tim,

I appreciate your assistance in this issue. It’s only really in the last week I have noticed a marked increase in capacity and was just really curious about the balance between an optimal neo and an over stretched one.

Cheers,

Karl

Winning the battle :-)

16 years 5 months ago #10314 by timb
Replied by timb on topic Neo bladder question
Irishguy

I tried, as Im sure you have, to find references to overstretching of neobladders on the internet and there aren't many. I also had this fear when I got my neo but I'm pretty sure , though Ive heard of "baggy bladder" syndrome, that I'd leak before this became a problem. But then there are conditions that lead to hyper-continence such as overdoing pelvic floor exercises, blockages etc so it must be possible. I'd imagine in would be harder to pee with an overstretched neo with less back pressure? Anyone else have any other ideas?

T

16 years 5 months ago #10313 by irishguy
Neo bladder question was created by irishguy
***I originally posted this question in Men's Issues but had no replies - maybe this is a better place to post this question - Thanks***

A question to fellow neo-bladder warriors.

I have read somewhere that over filling a new neo-bladder or voiding too infrequently too soon after the
operation can cause it to overstretch and become floppy – has anyone out there have or had any
experience with this problem, and what besides voiding more often could be done to minimise the chance
of it happening?

Winning the battle :-)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne